Upenn Master of Environmental Studies Anybody?

summer92

The program is on a rolling basis and I submit it on Jan 3rd...Neither early nor late I suppose? I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Anyway, anybody also applying for this program or already received AD? I heard someone received their admissionarrow-10x10.png by mid December last year.

Also, would appreciate it if you can recommend to me some other programs in Environment Management. I've applied for MEM in Yale and Duke and MS in Umich, will apply for UIB SPEA. Any other suggestions?

Good Luck!

It's a little late, but you could consider Duke's MEM programme too, at the Nicholas School of the Environment? Their stated deadline was Jan 15th, but they've just pushed it back to Jan 20th...so if you can get your recos and SOP together in that time, you should be good to go!  :)

Also, if you're looking at enviro policy as well, and not just MEM degrees, there's the Monterey programme in International Environmental Policy, the deadline for which is Feb 1st!

Really wanted to apply to Indiana's SPEA, for the MPA/MSES, but didn't realise the deadline would be that early, and my test scores weren't ready at the time...  <_<

Hope this is helpful! 

Hi Divertan Thanks for the advice! I am actually closing up the application for Duke MEM, adding some last few lines to the SOP. I donno they have pushed the deadline but it's indeed a good news :) I think the deadline for SPEA is on Feb 1st? You should really try if you've got time for that, their environmental policy studies ranks first.They've sent me a fee waiver, I guess it's an advertisement for everyone but in case you have interest in it I can forward you the link. Best of luck!

Whoops, that's a space cadet moment right there - must have missed the reference to Duke in your first post, haha!

Thank you SO much for the heads up on SPEA, I had checked in late Nov, and the deadline on their website was Dec 1, 2014 then...they must have extended it later! Don't know if I'll be able to get everything together in time, but I will definitely try! Any chance you could forward the fee waiver link you mentioned? This app process is turning out to be so expensive, even the smallest savings would be helpful at this point! And thanks again!