Reapplying to the same Universities! How many of you have got in?

JessePinkman

Hi. 

I've applied to four same Universities this year from which I got a reject last year. The more I think about it, the more I get thoughts such as 'They'll reject me anyways since they rejected me last year without paying much attention' even though I've made some significant improvements this year. I just wanna know how many of you here got into the program of your choice on a 2nd, 3rd attempt etc. That would boost up my confidence! Thank you!

If you made significant improvements and are aware of your shortcomings from the last attempt, then I'm sure it would be worth re-applying.

Edited by Guest

I am reapplying to three of the same programs.  I did not (or will not) mention my previous application in my SOPs and I have not seen a "Have you previously applied to this program?" on any of my apps; only "Have you previously attended" or "Have you previously been accepted". 

One of the programs updated their online application system.  I was told my application would be treated as 100% new.  Another program is going to move my application from last year into the active application pool.  I did not ask, but I imagine it will have last year's application date on it since this program stores the entire application as one .pdf.  I am sending a new SOP (I have until Feb. 1), though.  The other program, not sure. 

it actually can  be a very good thing! when I was on the adcom of XYZ ivy for the MA degree in my field, people who improved and then re-applied were automatic admits, and were spoken of with alot of admiration by the committee. I'm in the same boat--I'm reapplying to my dream school this year, and I'm pretty optimistic! Good luck all  :D