CSULB Applicants?

tamburger

Well I hope they don't think this is gunna stop me Lol. I can only go up from here. I'm young, smart and only have experience to gain. Best of luck to all of you.

I'm going to apply in October. Maybe applying early will do the trick.

Edited by saidypooMSW

Transferring is not easier. I asked csuf and csulb about transferring units from another msw program. Csulb said no. Csuf said possibly but I would have to talk to the department chair and take a profecency test. And the max that you could transfer is only 6 units.

SaidypooMSW--- If you need any help with your resume/personal statement I can help you with that.. The msw program at csulb is very competative so you need to have a very strong personal statement/reference letters/work experience... Make sure to incorporate social justice/oppression in your personal statement.. They want to see that.. you can also talk about how you have taken notice of the need for more culturally competent social workers and tie it with your work experience... & lastly if you have a below 3.0 gpa do not mention it in your statememt unless you took classes after graduation to boost your gpa, but instead talk about how you mature over the years...

SaidypooMSW--- If you need any help with your resume/personal statement I can help you with that.. The msw program at csulb is very competative so you need to have a very strong personal statement/reference letters/work experience... Make sure to incorporate social justice/oppression in your personal statement.. They want to see that.. you can also talk about how you have taken notice of the need for more culturally competent social workers and tie it with your work experience... & lastly if you have a below 3.0 gpa do not mention it in your statememt unless you took classes after graduation to boost your gpa, but instead talk about how you mature over the years...

Thank you! That would be great! I would appreciate any help and advice anyone has. I PM'd you btw.

Just received my letter of declination. Can't believe it.

CSULB is doing the most of all the SoCal social work programs, and we'll all be doing field placements together. ANy news from the other programs or your not interested?

CSULB is doing the most of all the SoCal social work programs, and we'll all be doing field placements together. ANy news from the other programs or your not interested?

I'm not sure tbh. I'm positive fullerton's letter of declination is on it's way too, not sure what's taking them so long. CSUDH is the only one left and though LB has always been my top choice, if DH accepts me, I don't think I would turn them down.  However, if I don't get into any schools this year, I will definitely re-apply. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

If anyone is still on the waitlist, my 3-year spot may open up soon. I was offered a space in the 2-year program and may accept that instead. Stay positive and good luck!

If anyone hasn't heard back, you should be getting news soon, since the orientation is in about a week! In a similar vein, are any 2-year students interviewing for field placements next week too?

• 4 months later...