CSULB Applicants?

tamburger

Anyone willing to ask the department how many seats are left? :/

I'm trying to be patient a little bit longer, but if I cave, I may call to find out. Heard absolutely nothing at this point. :( Has anyone tried calling yet?

I'm pending status. Someone told me they wait to get decisions from those admitted before sending out more decisions. I could have to wait until July to hear a definite yes or no from them, which I really can't, but this was my top choice school.

I'm pending status. Someone told me they wait to get decisions from those admitted before sending out more decisions. I could have to wait until July to hear a definite yes or no from them, which I really can't, but this was my top choice school.

NYU is a great choice though.  I see you got accepted congrats! I would have loved to have applied out-of-state. Is tuition pretty high though? 

NYU is a great choice though.  I see you got accepted congrats! I would have loved to have applied out-of-state. Is tuition pretty high though? 

Thanks! Yeah, Tuition is a killer! but NYU is actually pretty generous with scholarships so it makes it just about the same amount as other schools. I just was hoping to head back to the west coast, as I spent a year and a half in LA doing City Year AmeriCorps program and I miss it so much! NYU will be awesome, but I'm hoping I'll hear from the other 3 with a definitive yes or no, before I make a final decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to be patient a little bit longer, but if I cave, I may call to find out. Heard absolutely nothing at this point. :( Has anyone tried calling yet?

Heard anything yet? Confirmation of your sent items at least?

They said it can take 2 to 6 weeks to just confirm. Eep.

Heard anything yet? Confirmation of your sent items at least?

They said it can take 2 to 6 weeks to just confirm. Eep.

Oh wow, big window! Not yet. It's still stuck on the "application has been reviewed and forwarded" bit. I turned in my FAFSA application a week ago, so at least that updated. Seems like most schools are rolling out decisions by now. :huh: How about yourself?

Oh wow, big window! Not yet. It's still stuck on the "application has been reviewed and forwarded" bit. I turned in my FAFSA application a week ago, so at least that updated. Seems like most schools are rolling out decisions by now. :huh: How about yourself?

Same! It's been three weeks, so I'm hoping I get at least an update on my materials having made it. Last time I applied I got a notification of my pending status around the end of march. We'll see if I'm luckier this time around.

It took them about 7 weeks to tell me anything after the application has been forwarded thing... and they just put me on pending status. So I've been being drug along for two months now seeing if I'll get a definitive answer yet... Still nothing. May not be until July is what I was told.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything?

Nothing yet. :( I got in touch and the department responded saying it takes 2-6 weeks to get confirmation of your packet receipt. Then 8-12 weeks after that for a final decision. They said they were shooting for May for all decisions. This week will be 5 weeks for me, so hopefully there will be some news soon.

Was accepted to CSULB's MSW 2yr program on Friday March 20, 2015!! Orientation May 9th. From what I know they usually send out emails Wednesdays and Fridays. I completed my BASW @ CSULB so most likely will be accepting admission here. Great school, great program, and the diversity is awesome!!

Well, May isn't too bad. In the past I had to wait well into the summer. I'm talking July/August. It was a horrid wait. Compared to that, May sounds feasible. Especially since we're almost touching April territory. I think right now it's just a matter of waiting for students who were offered admission to decline or accept their offers so that the department can move forward with additional acceptances/rejections.

So, to those vacillating between schools, know that some of our fate lies in your hands as well! No pressure. Lol :)

Edited by saidypooMSW

Was accepted to CSULB's MSW 2yr program on Friday March 20, 2015!! Orientation May 9th. From what I know they usually send out emails Wednesdays and Fridays. I completed my BASW @ CSULB so most likely will be accepting admission here. Great school, great program, and the diversity is awesome!!

Congrats!!!! Glad to hear they got back to you with good news :) Hmm May 9th. I hope that means they get back to the rest of us before that then ^_^

Thank you, I was super ecstatic when I received the email!! I know that last year they had two orientations one in May and another in July. Hope you all hear good news!! I am an alumni there I received my BASW in May, 2014. if you guys have any questions feel free to ask away, I'd be glad to answer any questions I can :D

Thank you, I was super ecstatic when I received the email!! I know that last year they had two orientations one in May and another in July. Hope you all hear good news!! I am an alumni there I received my BASW in May, 2014. if you guys have any questions feel free to ask away, I'd be glad to answer any questions I can :D

I was admitted to CSULB's 1 year program... being that you went there for undergrad, how are the SW professors there? 

That's awesome congratulations!! Most of the professors there are great, and of course you have some that are not that great but nonetheless very knowledgeable. Overall my experience was a good one I loved the environment and faculty. Everyone is very helpful and genuinely want students to succeed. I am sure you'll have a great experience there. You'll be graduating with several peers from my BASW cohort. Good luck!! :) 

That's awesome congratulations!! Most of the professors there are great, and of course you have some that are not that great but nonetheless very knowledgeable. Overall my experience was a good one I loved the environment and faculty. Everyone is very helpful and genuinely want students to succeed. I am sure you'll have a great experience there. You'll be graduating with several peers from my BASW cohort. Good luck!! :)

Congrats! can you share when you turned in your application? Also, were you on pending status before?

I made an embarrassingly bad error on my application for Long Beach; I accidentally gave CSULB a LOR meant for CSUEB! (I can't even tell you how upset I was at myself)  :( I was certain that meant I was going to be automatically denied, so I was shocked when LB sent me an e-mail stating that I have till April 2nd to turn in the correct letter!  They'll review my app once it's in.  I already accepted CSULA's offer of admission, but I think I'm still going to turn in the letter to see if I'm admitted.  Wish I had known earlier there was a possibility!  I'm still kinda shocked they're giving me this opportunity to submit the letter.

I made an embarrassingly bad error on my application for Long Beach; I accidentally gave CSULB a LOR meant for CSUEB! (I can't even tell you how upset I was at myself)  :( I was certain that meant I was going to be automatically denied, so I was shocked when LB sent me an e-mail stating that I have till April 2nd to turn in the correct letter!  They'll review my app once it's in.  I already accepted CSULA's offer of admission, but I think I'm still going to turn in the letter to see if I'm admitted.  Wish I had known earlier there was a possibility!  I'm still kinda shocked they're giving me this opportunity to submit the letter.

Sorry that happened, but it's a good sign they gave you an extension on the materials! I went to the info session, and they said it was not uncommon that mixups like that happen. Now if you had sent the wrong SOP in.. :o

Feeling really nervous...

Applied and sent in my packet 2/13

Got an email that my application was being reviewed on 3/10

It's the only MSW program I applied to and I'm graduating with a BA in Sociology

Feeling really nervous...

Applied and sent in my packet 2/13

Got an email that my application was being reviewed on 3/10

It's the only MSW program I applied to and I'm graduating with a BA in Sociology

We're in a similar spot! I'm graduating with a degree in Sociology and this was the only school I applied to also.  I mailed my packet it on Valentine's Day, but I still haven't gotten word from the dept yet.. which is understandable, since that is probably when the bulk of their applications arrived. For now I'm just obsessively perusing for updates :ph34r: Good luck to you! Hope you get a response soon!