CSULB Applicants?

tamburger

Feeling really nervous...

Applied and sent in my packet 2/13

Got an email that my application was being reviewed on 3/10

It's the only MSW program I applied to and I'm graduating with a BA in Sociology

I sent in mine the same day! I haven't heard a peep. Edited by saidypooMSW

Sheesh, I FINALLY got an email that my application was received. Lol that was almost 8 weeks of waiting. Now the real wait begins *crosses fingers*

Thanks for the heads up! I finally got an email today :)  However, I don't know how to make sense of it. It said that my application was received by the School of Social Work and that once my application is placed under department review, they will then evaluate it. My status has been stuck on department review for nearly 2 months! Does that mean it's pending review or is being reviewed now?

Edited by tamburger

We're in a similar spot! I'm graduating with a degree in Sociology and this was the only school I applied to also.  I mailed my packet it on Valentine's Day, but I still haven't gotten word from the dept yet.. which is understandable, since that is probably when the bulk of their applications arrived. For now I'm just obsessively perusing for updates :ph34r: Good luck to you! Hope you get a response soon!

I'm glad you finally got an email!! Best of luck to you... hopefully they tell me before I graduate on 5/16 haha 

I just received an admission offer through email. I sent my application in two weeks before the deadline. However I have already accepted with CSUF so hopefully one of you will get this opening!

I'm glad you finally got an email!! Best of luck to you... hopefully they tell me before I graduate on 5/16 haha 

I hope so too! It seems so far away, but we're about halfway through April already. Luckily, I don't have to move or anything if admitted, but I'd like to know what to plan for the next coming months.

I just received an admission offer through email. I sent my application in two weeks before the deadline. However I have already accepted with CSUF so hopefully one of you will get this opening!

Congrats on both acceptances! Was CSUF your first choice? :) Also, were you in a BSW program? It seems like a lot of acceptances are going to those students first. So nervous because that isn't my major. :o

SDSU was my first choice, but ironically that was the only rejection I've received so far. It was between CSUF and CSULB next, CSUF just got back to me first to be honest. My undergrad is a Bachelor of Social Work(BSW) and I am currently a licensed social worker(LSW) in the state of MN.

Edited by sunnyskies13

Hi, all. I'm in the same boat as you guys. I got an email from the department on April 1st that my application has been received and will be placed for department review. Joy. I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to feel like the unpopular kid who gets picked last when choosing teams

Hi, all. I'm in the same boat as you guys. I got an email from the department on April 1st that my application has been received and will be placed for department review. Joy. I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to feel like the unpopular kid who gets picked last when choosing teams

Bummer.. :( but glad it's not just me. It looks like it'll be another week down. I've been stalking the other threads in the meantime.

Hi everyone! :) Hopefully I can provide a little bit of information!

I just received CSULB's offer of admission via email @ 2:45 PM! If you haven't checked already, go check your emails now! They probably just sent out the next set of acceptances. The email specifically told me that I have to respond with a decision within 10 days. If I don't accept, they'll be offering my seat to someone else so I would expect the next batch of acceptances to be sent out in 1-2 weeks! I've already formally accepted UCLA's offer so for those who are waiting, there's still hope! Just know that whoever is being accepted now has a very limited window to reserve their seat so you all will hear back soon if you haven't.

Oh and for those who are curious, I sent in my application 2 days before the deadline so I was definitely down to the wire. I also received notice that my application was received and being processed on 3/18. Hope that helps!

Good luck!! Wishing you all the best :)

Congrats on your acceptances! UCLA is a great school. I bet you will enjoy it there. :)

Did LB email you about processing your application? When I got an email from them last, all they said was that my materials were received and they would review it if my transcripts are in

Thank you so much! :)

This is the exact email I received:

Your 2015 MSW Admission Application has been received by the School of Social Work.

Processing of the application is dependent on your CSULB university application being placed in Department Review by University Enrollment Services (UES).  An important step in the process is for you to supply UES with official transcripts from every college or university you attended.  Please do so in a timely manner -if these documents are not received by February 15, 2015, the School of Social Work will not process your application. If you have already done so, please disregard the above.

You can check the status of your CSULB application through the following link: http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/admissions/applicant.html.  The School of Social Work will not track the status of your CSULB application for you.

If you are an international applicant, please also contact the Center for International Education (CIE) for their admissions criteria and deadlines.  You may call or e-mail CIE at (562) 985-4106 or cie-admission@csulb.edu.

Once your CSULB application had been placed into Department Review, your School of Social Work application will then be evaluated.  The timeline for evaluation varies, depending on the time required for UES to process your documents and the workload of School of Social Work faculty reviewers.  Once a decision has been made, you will receive notification via e-mail.  Please keep us up-to-date with email address changes.

The School of Social Work does not provide status updates during the assessment process.

Please remember, acceptance to the MSW Program is contingent upon acceptance to CSULB.

This was on March 18th!

I tried to check my application status today and usually I get an email, except today I didn't. So I waited a few hours and tried again, and still no email. Has this ever happened to anyone? I wonder if their system is down or if its something else..

The wait is agonizing!!! I should just accept that I didn't get in.

Well at least you have a for sure thing! That's gotta be a huge weight off your shoulders. When did you apply to LB?

Dang, I got that same email February 24th. Guess I'm out :/

That's so odd that they haven't gotten back to you! I was told they are shooting for the end of May for all decisions, so just 5 more weeks or so to go...

Well at least you have a for sure thing! That's gotta be a huge weight off your shoulders. When did you apply to LB?

I applied back in October to both CSULB/DH and was put on pending status in January. And I got accepted to CSUDH that following week.