GRE scores on "hold"?

ZebraFinch

From what I could find on Google it appears this means they are reviewing your scores.  I'm sure it could be any number of reasons, from something minor to something major like a scoring glitch or complaint about the test center.  It does seem to imply that your scores might be revised.

Well, I'm writing this in case it happens to anyone else:

If your scores are put on hold without you having requested a review, it means ETS/your exam proctor/etc thinks you cheated. This "hold" means that you or your scores are being investigated and your scores, depending on what they decide, may be "cleared" or "cancelled". ETS did not inform me why or what triggered it, but they did tell me today my scores have been "cleared" so they found me to not have been cheating. They did say it might have been the proctor reporting me, or that my answers were similar to someone else's in the room and the system "flagged" me. I did NOT cheat, and yes my scores did improve because I studied my behind off for two weeks before the test. The employee I spoke to yesterday was incredibly rude and cold about this situation that had me losing my mind all night, but today the lady who I spoke to was very kind about it.

Needless to say, the GRE experience has been by far the worst of this  whole grad school process and I hope one day we move on to a more competent method of evaluation. Thanks to this snafu my improved scores will certainly not arrive to my schools by their deadlines.

Edited by ZebraFinch