SSRC IDRF

saveagemind

@Ketabehayat, I am also in California - maybe it's taking a while to get here? Although it seems like some Cali people have already gotten letters. And it's 2/12...if they were dated 2/5 that seems like a long time...All will be revealed soon enough, I suppose.

Hi all. I also got rejected. This was my second time applying. The good news is I got other funding.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, though: last year I asked the SSRC folks if they had any feedback I could look at since I was preparing a new application, and they sent me a document with all of the reviewers' comments. As far as I know, they do not send you this feedback otherwise, but don't seem to have any restrictions on giving it to you. I actually found the feedback from SSRC some of the most helpful and constructive feedback I received from any agency.

So, especially if you are reapplying, and even if you're not, shoot them an e-mail.

Good luck to all those still in the running and to those waiting to hear back from other applications! Hang in there!

Hi all. I also got rejected. This was my second time applying. The good news is I got other funding.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, though: last year I asked the SSRC folks if they had any feedback I could look at since I was preparing a new application, and they sent me a document with all of the reviewers' comments. As far as I know, they do not send you this feedback otherwise, but don't seem to have any restrictions on giving it to you. I actually found the feedback from SSRC some of the most helpful and constructive feedback I received from any agency.

So, especially if you are reapplying, and even if you're not, shoot them an e-mail.

Good luck to all those still in the running and to those waiting to hear back from other applications! Hang in there!

Can you provide the email address you wrote to when asking for feedback? I emailed the person who sent the rejection letter (their email was in the header) a little over a week ago. Haven't heard back....maybe I should be using a different address?

Edited by Cicero

I was a finalist last year and so I thought I might have a chance this year, but I got a letter in december that my application was disqualified because I had already received 9 months of funding for research in the country (for an AY year of research, currently). Just fyi!  

• 1 month later...

Update from another forum: "Spoke with someone on the phone. Some notifications have already gone out, final decisions made mid-April, final notifications by early May." The notifications would go out so early this year? Anyone hear back from ssrc?

Update from another forum: "Spoke with someone on the phone. Some notifications have already gone out, final decisions made mid-April, final notifications by early May." The notifications would go out so early this year? Anyone hear back from ssrc?

What forum posted this? And when did they post it? Does "some notifications have already hone out" refer to the first round decisions that went out in Feb? Last year final round decisions went out 4/15 by email, and I believe that acceptances, rejections, and alternates all heard at the same time. I received an email notification in early Feb requesting transcripts (which indicates final round status), but I have not heard anything since then.

What forum posted this? And when did they post it? Does "some notifications have already hone out" refer to the first round decisions that went out in Feb? Last year final round decisions went out 4/15 by email, and I believe that acceptances, rejections, and alternates all heard at the same time. I received an email notification in early Feb requesting transcripts (which indicates final round status), but I have not heard anything since then.

From Academic Jobs Wiki on 2015-2016 Dissertation Fellowship, posted today. What you said makes sense. I just got panicked when there were posts on the final results. Too anxious to wait for the result. I also got transcript request in early Feb and heard nothing since then. 

• 2 weeks later...