SDE/GWIS 2015

elunia

Hi all,

I just submitted my applicaton for the Sigma Delta Epsilon/Graduate Women in Sciences National Fellowship.

I'm confused about the online application portal. I hit "submit" and was taken to the payment page for the application fee (I'm a member so it was $0). Once I went through that, I just got a page thanking me for my "order" and an email confirmation for my "order" of the $0 appication fee. No email confirming that they received my application itself.

I called to check, and spoke to someone in the office who said she would get back to me. I'm worried because it's due at midnight tonight.

Anyone else have this experience? Thanks!

I did not apply this year because I got all my funding already, BUT I know that this is a new website and a new form. I was planning to apply (before I heard back from NSF) and during this time experienced some oddities that I emailed GWIS about. Not only did they get back to me quickly, but they seemed fully aware that the new system may be glitchy. I would not worry, I have a feeling they will help if the system causes strange things to happen. 

Edited by Secret_Ninja

Thanks so much Secret_Ninja! That does make me feel better! I sent them an email today as well, so they'll have a record that I applied before the deadline. Fingers crossed!

• 4 weeks later...

As a follow up: a week or so after the deadline when I hadn't received an email response, I called the office again and this time I got a very polite and helpful confirmation that they had received my application. Phew!