What are my chances getting into a MSW program

dwatt008

So far I applied to three schools in my home state (Virginia Commonwealth Univeristy, George Mason University, and Norfolk State University) for the regular standing MSW program. My degree is in psychology, and I graduated with a 3.81 GPA. I also have volunteer experience in the mental health and truama/crisis field. Are MSW programs competitive? What do admissions look for? Thank you.

While I'm not familiar with the programs at those specific schools, I think you have a good shot at many MSW programs. Some are very selective, others not as much. I had a 3.7 gpa, BA in PR and advertising, and a variety volunteer experience and I'm already into 2 programs, waiting to hear back about two others. As long as you had a strong personal statement and letters of rec you should be in great shape to get admitted :) Good luck!

It sounds like you'll be very competitive!  I was looking at applying to Norfolk State U as well, so it's exciting to see someone else who is looking at their program as well. Best of luck!!