Fall 2015 UT Dallas Applicants?

Now they are 3 weeks behind? Last I called they were 2...

Yeah, I called this morning and they said 3 weeks. Maybe it's because they have to process more since more apps are turned in closer to or at the deadline...

I would recommend calling UTDallas ensure everything arrived (if you think everything should be there).  My file was marked as complete online but when I called, it had been filed internally as "incomplete" and was not reviewed.  When they looked in the file, it was actually complete. 

I called, and they said they received everything , but this makes me nervous.  I asked if everything was okay with my file and I got a, "I think so". 

So even though our file says "complete" and "under review" on Galaxy Portal, it may not be under review after all? 

What exactly did they tell you when you called?

I got the 3 week notification that transcripts were not received. I resent them, got proof from fedex that the transcripts are in UTD's hands, and every time I call, the register says they "need more time" to "process" them. It's been 6 weeks, are they hand copying them in calligraphy?

My application is also under review, but I do not see how they are reviewing it without transcripts.

I got the 3 week notification that transcripts were not received. I resent them, got proof from fedex that the transcripts are in UTD's hands, and every time I call, the register says they "need more time" to "process" them. It's been 6 weeks, are they hand copying them in calligraphy?

My application is also under review, but I do not see how they are reviewing it without transcripts.

If you call admissions, they will give you an email address to which you can send e-transcripts. That's what I did and it eliminates the whole lost-in-the-mail fiasco. Every time I've called, they've been very helpful... hope it all works out!  

If you call admissions, they will give you an email address to which you can send e-transcripts. That's what I did and it eliminates the whole lost-in-the-mail fiasco. Every time I've called, they've been very helpful... hope it all works out!

Can you PM me the email address? I've contacted the admissions office but they haven't been answering the phones...they're probably swamped with calls.

I called the UTD registrar, and they're currently processing documents received at the end of January. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Also, they cannot make an admissions decision without official copies of transcripts. So I am not sure what, if anything, emailing transcripts will do to expedite the application.

Chandru1, some schools (mine included) allow official transcripts to be sent via email. A "secure" message is sent, meaning that the school itself emails the transcript, and a password (provided by the school) is needed to access the transcript from the email. Or something like that, I don't completely understand. I sent some of my transcripts this way and it appeared to work. 

I called the admissions office and they said that they cannot accept transcripts unless they come from the registrar. I guess that the registrar has some highly trained transcript readers well versed in the art of scanning.

The level of bureaucracy is ridiculous.

How did it work for you? Have they given you an admissions decision?

I sent mine in early December via USPS. I had 3 separate transcripts being sent (undergrad institution + 2 community colleges I earned credit through in high school) so I was pretty nervous about all of them getting there and tried to send them in early.

I had everything uploaded in early January except for my SOP, and I uploaded the SOP in early February (4th or 5th maybe?). I got an email from Dr. Stillman with an offer of admission last Friday evening  :)  My Galaxy portal status did not change for a few more days though. 

I did use snail mail for UTD. However, I did send one or two via "secure PDF" from my undergrad institution, which I thought may be what Schatzie15 was referring to. 

But thank you! It is definitely a relief, even though it's making me that much more anxious about hearing back from other schools too. This process is so nerve wracking. 

I sent my transcripts at the end of December, and according to the to-do list on my app portal, one of them wasn't entered into the system until Feb 17. My portal said "application complete" several weeks before that. So I'm not sure the portal complete status is accurate. 

I don't understand why more programs don't allow the applicants to upload their transcripts and officially send them when admitted? It would save a lot of headaches and frustration on both ends. 

I don't understand why more programs don't allow the applicants to upload their transcripts and officially send them when admitted? It would save a lot of headaches and frustration on both ends.

I completely agree. Also my undergrad can send secure electronic copies directly to the grad schools, which should assuage any fears of students tampering with transcripts.

This morning I got my offer of admission! 99% sure I'll attend (I can't think of a reason not to attend UTD barring significant acts of God). Who else?

Does anyone know how UT Dallas awards funding? Is it a separate process, or would we have been notified at the time of admission if we were receiving anything?

I got a scholarship offer with my email from Dr. Stillman. Not sure if more funding comes afterwards.

This morning I got my offer of admission! 99% sure I'll attend (I can't think of a reason not to attend UTD barring significant acts of God). Who else?

I got a scholarship offer with my email from Dr. Stillman. Not sure if more funding comes afterwards.

Chandru1, congratulations on your acceptance and scholarship! That's fantastic. Glad to hear they finally got your transcripts sorted out!

Did they offer you an in-state tuition waiver, or was your scholarship something else? Also, was it offered in the email body or the attached letter? The reason I ask is because I haven't actually received an email from Dr. Stillman yet although I was admitted a few weeks ago. I have only received a letter in the mail. I am just wondering if there's a chance of still getting funding or not. 

Thanks!

Chandru1

What were your stats ? When did you complete your application ?

3.1 GPA, 166/164/4 Q/V/A on GRE. I had a few extracurriculars like linguistics club president, 75 observation hours, and I spent a summer working with a child with autism.

I also have training (including graduate courses) in sociolinguistics, so I wanted to work with some of the faculty who do work with sociolinguistics of SLP. I think this was what sealed my admission.

I applied in early January, but the registrar and my transcripts were playing hide-and-seek, so they were only received this week.

Chandru1, congratulations on your acceptance and scholarship! That's fantastic. Glad to hear they finally got your transcripts sorted out!

Did they offer you an in-state tuition waiver, or was your scholarship something else? Also, was it offered in the email body or the attached letter? The reason I ask is because I haven't actually received an email from Dr. Stillman yet although I was admitted a few weeks ago. I have only received a letter in the mail. I am just wondering if there's a chance of still getting funding or not.

Thanks!

Thank you!

I think it's an in-state tuition waiver.

There was no letter attached to my email from Dr. Stillman. I simply received an email saying that I was in w/the waiver.

I'm thinking that I'm accepted, but they're still waiting on the registrar. I sent copies to both the Callier Center and registrar, so maybe Callier has processed them but not registrar?

Anyway, I can finally sleep easier, knowing that I am accepted to my top choice!