Fall 2015 UT Dallas Applicants?

I just booked my flight for a visit next month! If anyone is going to be at UTD in early April, PM me (I don't want to publicly announce the dates though I trust you all). We should have a grad cafe accepted students meetup!

Hello! Just wondering when you all submitted your application to UT Dallas? I haven't heard anything from them yet and it seems like a lot of people have! Also are you in state?

I submitted in January and heard back two weeks ago.

Check on your applicant center at utdallas.edu/status to make sure that all materials have arrived.

chandru1- Oh trust me I have! Everything is there except my official final college transcript due May 1, 2015 which I'm assuming they only want when you accept their admission invitation. I submitted mine near the deadline in February. Just saw that my application fee didn't go through until February 16 (one day late) so that makes me nervous.

chandru1- Oh trust me I have! Everything is there except my official final college transcript due May 1, 2015 which I'm assuming they only want when you accept their admission invitation. I submitted mine near the deadline in February. Just saw that my application fee didn't go through until February 16 (one day late) so that makes me nervous.

I would recommend calling them and asking about the applicstion and any updates.

I'm also a bit concerned about the due date - it is 3 years in the past. Even if it is 5/1/15, I doubt transcripts showing degree conferral will arrive at that time.

UT Dallas doesn't send out their acceptances at any particular time. Their answer is ALWAYS "we are still reviewing applications" and you might not hear back until May - though those are usually rejections if it takes that long. They also don't have an official waitlist.

I am going through the same dilemma! I keep getting emails saying that my final transcripts have not been received but when I called and explained this to them they said they received my official transcripts and gave me a date and everything...I just received an email this morning saying that they are still missing my final transcripts...so confused and I sent my official transcripts in January, I guess I'm going to have to call them again later today 

I am going through the same dilemma! I keep getting emails saying that my final transcripts have not been received but when I called and explained this to them they said they received my official transcripts and gave me a date and everything...I just received an email this morning saying that they are still missing my final transcripts...so confused and I sent my official transcripts in January, I guess I'm going to have to call them again later today

Who is "them?"

There is the SLP department located in Dallas at the Callier Center. Do NOT send transcripts to them.

There is also the UTD main office in Richardson. You send transcripts there.

This is the most plausible reason as to why your documents appear to be Schrodinger's transcripts - Callier may have them but Richardson may not.

If you haven't already, I would fedex the transcripts to Richardson asap.

Who is "them?"

There is the SLP department located in Dallas at the Callier Center. Do NOT send transcripts to them.

There is also the UTD main office in Richardson. You send transcripts there.

This is the most plausible reason as to why your documents appear to be Schrodinger's transcripts - Callier may have them but Richardson may not.

If you haven't already, I would fedex the transcripts to Richardson asap.

I called the graduate department at UT-Dallas and I spoked to someone who verified that they had my transcripts and she explained to me that "final transcripts" are for after I complete undergrad...

I just checked my receipt for my transcript order and I sent them to the right place so I am still confused...

Thanks for replying! 

I called the graduate department at UT-Dallas and I spoked to someone who verified that they had my transcripts and she explained to me that "final transcripts" are for after I complete undergrad...

I just checked my receipt for my transcript order and I sent them to the right place so I am still confused...

Thanks for replying!

I remember getting that too, shortly before my portal updated saying I was accepted (but shortly after I got the email from Dr. Stillman saying that I was in).

I cannot see why they would ask for your final transcripts without admitting you, but I am not sure. The process has been convoluted!

I'm now concerned that I can't register for classes until my undergrad degree has been posted, but that's two months after graduation. How do I go about proving graduation sooner?

Chandru1, I am a student at UTD and the program never closes their classes for being too full, so you don't need to worry about getting a class you need.  I also don't think you need to worry about the undergrad thing...they are pretty flexible and I doubt they would ever make that in to a big deal. 

Chandru1, I am a student at UTD and the program never closes their classes for being too full, so you don't need to worry about getting a class you need. I also don't think you need to worry about the undergrad thing...they are pretty flexible and I doubt they would ever make that in to a big deal.

This is relieving to hear! Thank you so much!

Just wanted to post on here and mention that the admissions department was severely behind in processing transcripts. I mailed mine in at the end of January and they weren't finally processed in the system until the beginning of this month. I spoke with the department and they said they are well aware of this issue and it will not a play a factor in decision. I'm still waiting to hear, however. This is my top choice. I really hope I get in. 

Till when do they roll out admissions , any idea ?

I'm really waiting to hear for them .. All I know is they are shut for spring break till 18th March , and I haven't seen anything on the survey page about anyone getting admitted or even rejected since a long time

UT Dallas doesn't send out their acceptances at any particular time. Their answer is ALWAYS "we are still reviewing applications" and you might not hear back until May - though those are usually rejections if it takes that long. They also don't have an official waitlist.

That's crazy!! How the heck are people supposed to decide and make a deposit by April 15th if they still haven't heard from a handful of schools? These schools need to get it together!

That's crazy!! How the heck are people supposed to decide and make a deposit by April 15th if they still haven't heard from a handful of schools? These schools need to get it together!

To be fair, UTD does not have a 4/15 decision deadline.

To be fair, UTD does not have a 4/15 decision deadline.

Well they might not have that designated deadline, but you'd think there would be some sort of a general consensus among schools to have them all done by a certain time. It's kind of crazy to me that people are expected to make life-altering decisions in sometimes as little as a week.

Well they might not have that designated deadline, but you'd think there would be some sort of a general consensus among schools to have them all done by a certain time. It's kind of crazy to me that people are expected to make life-altering decisions in sometimes as little as a week.

I completely agree. My mgh waitlist letter says that they can admit me one week before classes start. Because one week is more than enough time to cancel work/school plans and find housing on the opposite coast.

I don't know what I would do without the UTD acceptance.

Anyone know approximately the total cost of UTD would be with in state tuition? I am having trouble finding it on the website.

For 5 semesters at 12 hrs/semester, it comes out to around 35K. Could be more or less depending on how many hours are taken each semester.

http://www.utdallas.edu/bursar/tuition/tables/

thanks for getting back to me! That makes my decision even harder... :wacko:

No problem! and actually, it's probably less than that since the degree is 48 hours total. And 12*5=60 which is more than you would need. It's definitely one of the more affordable schools I got into!

Hope that doesn't make it even harder.. 

Have you made a decision or are you still waiting to hear back from other schools? As of now I am torn between UTD and TCU. TCU will actually be my cheapest option since I was given a GA position, but I love both programs so I really don't know what I should base my decision on!