In the interest of making the weekend go by a bit faster....guilty pleasures?

busybeinganxious

I have several, but to start....

Law orientated TV shows (even if they aren't very good) provided I can watch the entire series on Netflix or Hulu.  Somehow, seeing how it ends is important...even if it's utter garbage.  Police or lawyer orientated...doesn't matter.

Microwave quesadillas.  Yes, I know they aren't as good as "real" ones...but they're so easy.

Chocolate and wine. I crave this every day.

Naps. I take 'em when I can get 'em.

Baked sushi rolls with cream cheese inside.

Reality TV, especially House Hunters International and all of the Real Housewives shows. I live for these! 

ETA: Cops. My boyfriend and I decided to record a bunch of episodes and we watch them whenever we have time together that lends itself to TV time. We still have a good day or so of Cops time recorded, and we've watched about half.

Edited by jhefflol

Law orientated TV shows (even if they aren't very good) provided I can watch the entire series on Netflix or Hulu. Somehow, seeing how it ends is important...even if it's utter garbage. Police or lawyer orientated...doesn't matter.

Microwave quesadillas. Yes, I know they aren't as good as "real" ones...but they're so easy.

Same. I've been basically obsessed with Law & Order SVU for years. I used to be really into Bones too but got behind thanks to no free time.

Sci-fi shows on Netflix and Amazon. Generally somewhat older ones that I could have watched on tv when I was a kid or teenager, but didn't or only watched a few episodes. I didn't watch much tv growing up besides Saturday morning cartoons and tgif (oh, and Xena for its first 4 seasons), and I'm kind of sad that I missed out. So I make up for it now by binge watching shows when I have free time. Especially since its cold outside and I'm broke!

I just finished Babylon 5 (which actually isn't on Netflix and I bought the DVD's). Prior to that I watched Farscape. This actually all started after I graduated from my undergrad university and found myself without much to do over the summer besides work at my crummy job, so I started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and since then, I've been consuming lots of space sci-fi. I'm not sure what show to watch next, Battlestar Galactica or Firefly.

It's not really a guilty pleasure, but I've been training my cat. He now knows how to play fetch, walk on a leash without pulling, sit, and come. Stay seems to be an issue. If grad school doesn't workout, I'll just dedicate my time to making him an internet star ;)

It's not really a guilty pleasure, but I've been training my cat. He now knows how to play fetch, walk on a leash without pulling, sit, and come. Stay seems to be an issue. If grad school doesn't workout, I'll just dedicate my time to making him an internet star ;)

Sooo you're learning to herd cats.  Application process not frustrating enough for you? ;)

I'm not sure what show to watch next, Battlestar Galactica or Firefly.

Firefly!! And then watch Serenity! I guess I'm biased because I've never watched Battlestar Galactica.  :P But Firefly is great (and short - just one season, unfortunately). I wasn't too keen at first but it soon became a favorite. I want to try Star Trek next.

And to answer the question: playing video games (I wouldn't dare admit which ones ;) ) with my boyfriend helps pass the time. I get so sucked in for hours, even if I have something more productive to be doing. Like sleep. 

Firefly!! And then watch Serenity! I guess I'm biased because I've never watched Battlestar Galactica.  :P But Firefly is great (and short - just one season, unfortunately). I wasn't too keen at first but it soon became a favorite. I want to try Star Trek next.

And to answer the question: playing video games (I wouldn't dare admit which ones ;) ) with my boyfriend helps pass the time. I get so sucked in for hours, even if I have something more productive to be doing. Like sleep.

I've heard many people say Firefly is great. I think I've been avoiding it because it was cancelled. Not because I think it will suck, but because I don't like unsatisfying endings, and a show that only ran one season is bound to have lots of unresolved plot lines! I liked the original Battlestar (corny as it was at times), so I've been avoiding the new one as well, because I'm afraid of the new version being ruined. Kind of like the new Ninja Turtles movie (blech).

I like video games, too. I play a lot of old school games on systems like the Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis, although I occasionally play Mario Party and Wii Sports on the Wii.

I've heard many people say Firefly is great. I think I've been avoiding it because it was cancelled. Not because I think it will suck, but because I don't like unsatisfying endings, and a show that only ran one season is bound to have lots of unresolved plot lines! I liked the original Battlestar (corny as it was at times), so I've been avoiding the new one as well, because I'm afraid of the new version being ruined. Kind of like the new Ninja Turtles movie (blech).

I like video games, too. I play a lot of old school games on systems like the Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis, although I occasionally play Mario Party and Wii Sports on the Wii.

I wanted a Wii U for a long time and was planning to buy one back in November but I was like 'Oh wait, I have to finish my applications. I should wait till after I'm done so I can properly devote my time to playing the Wii.' 

I wanted a Wii U for a long time and was planning to buy one back in November but I was like 'Oh wait, I have to finish my applications. I should wait till after I'm done so I can properly devote my time to playing the Wii.'

That was probably a good idea. It's really easy to get sucked into things like video games. Your desire to devote a proper amount of time to the Wii may have taken over. I saw a Willy Wonka meme once that said, "I see you started a new tv series on Netflix during finals week. I too like to live dangerously." Dangerously indeed.

Law orientated TV shows (even if they aren't very good) provided I can watch the entire series on Netflix or Hulu.  Somehow, seeing how it ends is important...even if it's utter garbage.  Police or lawyer orientated...doesn't matter.

Yep, that's one of the ways I kill time too.

I just finished Babylon 5 (which actually isn't on Netflix and I bought the DVD's). Prior to that I watched Farscape. This actually all started after I graduated from my undergrad university and found myself without much to do over the summer besides work at my crummy job, so I started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and since then, I've been consuming lots of space sci-fi. I'm not sure what show to watch next, Battlestar Galactica or Firefly.

I love Babylon 5 (and Straczynski!). I would recommend Firefly over Battlestar Galactica, but that's just my personal preference.

Personally, other than watching tv I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3. It's a great time suck and distracting enough that I can step away from my email for a few hours.

I've had the flu all weekend, so I literally laid in bed for two days straight watching Intervention and drinking Emergen-C and Yerba mate. The worst part? I'd have done the same thing even without the flu thing.

I've heard many people say Firefly is great. I think I've been avoiding it because it was cancelled. Not because I think it will suck, but because I don't like unsatisfying endings, and a show that only ran one season is bound to have lots of unresolved plot lines!

The movie (Serenity) closes up a lot of the plotlines from the 1-season series. I don't think it got them all, but enough to satisfy me as a "complete" story. The "honour" of "my favourite sci fi series" changes as my mood changes, but Firefly is on top of the list more days than not :)

The movie (Serenity) closes up a lot of the plotlines from the 1-season series. I don't think it got them all, but enough to satisfy me as a "complete" story. The "honour" of "my favourite sci fi series" changes as my mood changes, but Firefly is on top of the list more days than not :)

That's good to know. I was really impressed with Babylon 5, and I thought the ending was really quite satisfying. In fact, it's probably my new standard for how a series should end. I think I will give Firefly a go before Battlestar. Interestingly, I came across a list of the best sci-fi shows (maybe the top 25), and the new Battlestar was placed at number 1. I don't think I know anyone who has that one as an all-time favorite.

Of course Firefly, the answer is always Firefly (I personally like the show better than Serenity, but both are worth watching). Which brings me to my guilty pleasure.... Anything and everything Joss Whedon! With a glass of wine.

I've been watching this show called "Fish Tank Kings" on Netflix, and despite how annoying the show depicts personal drama between employees, I still find it jaw-dropping to see the types of aquariums these guys can achieve

Microwave quesadillas.  Yes, I know they aren't as good as "real" ones...but they're so easy.

Do law shows include The Good Wife? I always felt like that show targeted middle-aged women, so I feel a little weird being obsessed with it.

My guiltiest pleasure is probably Pokemon. It's 7:00 AM and I'm about to play it for an hour while I ride the stationary bike. At least the stationary bike part is productive, I guess.

Red wine......for health benefits of course.

Half baked cookies, gelato and carrot cake.

Twisted movies and books like "gone girl"

Ah food... definitely my guilty pleasure food are churros! Especially the Costco churros... I can never get sick of them haha

TV....I mean just a lot of TV since I seem to have a broad spectrum of interests. So yeah TV.

^ Yup. 

And I went a little overboard on the spring cleaning, which whatever. There are worse ways to kill time.