PhD Biostatistics profile evaluation

lowcarb_girl

Hi all, 

I am planning to apply for the Phd Biostatistics program in Fall 2016.

Since I'd worked 2 years in research, I would like to apply to several schools that are likely out of my reach.

After reading some posts here, I just wanted to see if I'd be wasting money to do so. 

Here is my profile:

Education-

Undergraduate: CGPA: 3.72/4.00 - B.S. double major Biology and Mathematics, minor in Computer Science (small liberal arts college)

Graduate: CGPA: 3.56/4.00 - M.S. Biostatistics, minor in Epidemiology (Ranked #13 for Biostatistics) (lower GPA than undergraduate because I was working 2 jobs to pay off the cost of the program, thus, somewhat neglected my studies)

Currently taking Real Analysis in a large state school where i reside to up my chances since I did not take it in my undergrad.

GRE-

vGRE: 159 qGRE: 168 AWA: 4.5

Experience-

-2 years research experience in a hospital resulting in 4 first-authored publications (2 applied statistics) and 2 co-authored publications.

-2 poster presentations (1 in a Stats meeting).

-Calculus I,II, III tutor (for 3 years)

-Volunteered in a couple healthcare institutions and discovered that I would really like to work in the healthcare field (research) utilizing my expertise to help make the world a better place   :)

LOR

-2 Harvard alumnis (master-thesis advisor and current PI) (both well-known biostat professors)

-previous senior author at the cancer center I'd worked at (well-known in Psychology)

Schools that I am applying:

(Reach?)

Harvard 

Columbia

UNC

Johns Hopkins

(Hopeful)

Emory University

University of Minnesota

Boston University 

UPenn

(Safety)

University of Florida

Virginia Commonwealth University

I've tried my best to up my chances these 2 years to make up for my not-so-competitive GPA. I look forward to your comments! :)

Edited by fuzzylogician
Edited for privacy at OP's request