The sting of semi-rejection and more waiting : WAIT LISTED

Pink toes

Hey everyone,

So I was very excited to finally received a decision today but it turned out to be not much of a decision, I was wait listed for Emory University. What do you think my chances are of getting admitted? At this point I don't know how to feel.

Anyone else wait listed?

I don't know about your chances but you basically have to wait for people to reject their acceptances to Emory which may take a while to hear back from them since people usually wait on all their schools to start rejecting schools they have been accepted to.

At least you didn't get rejected though. Emory is a top school so you should be proud of that.

If you don't mind me asking, what concentration did you apply yo?

I don't know about your chances but you basically have to wait for people to reject their acceptances to Emory which may take a while to hear back from them since people usually wait on all their schools to start rejecting schools they have been accepted to.

At least you didn't get rejected though. Emory is a top school so you should be proud of that.

If you don't mind me asking, what concentration did you apply yo?

Thanks you're right it could have been worst.... I applied to the health management and policy program.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got waitlisted for their Epi concentration so if anyone got accepted and is planning to go elsewhere I'd love you forever if you told Emory about it! I know Columbia is just as good but I really wanted to be able to work at the CDC.

I've been out of my MPH for 3 years and everyone I know who works at the CDC did NOT go to Emory. 

Getting on the waitlist is a good indication that Emory is probably not for you and that you would be well suited to hone your skills elsewhere.

I've been out of my MPH for 3 years and everyone I know who works at the CDC did NOT go to Emory. 

Getting on the waitlist is a good indication that Emory is probably not for you and that you would be well suited to hone your skills elsewhere.

Thanks for the advice! Also I meant while I was studying. Not that I would complain about working there afterwards!

• 2 years later...