University of Michigan- Joint PhD Program, Social Work & Social Science

Val006

Hi Everyone,

We have been commenting that this forum seems to be more quiet so I thought I would start a new topic.  How many of you have applied for the Joint PhD Program?  Which Social Science did you apply for and why are you particularly interested in the joint program?  Areas of research?

Reviewing former result search, it appears that in previous years the applications went from social work admissions to the social science admission at the end of January and then offers seem to have been made around mid February to early March- so time is slowly starting to come around.

I did see one interview posted for the PhD Social Work Program for University of Michigan.  Has anyone else heard anything?

I haven't heard- SW&Anthro applicant. Mainly interested in medical anthropology and science and technology studies, specifically the biomedical treatment of gender nonconforming young people.

Just finished my MSW at a different program in June.... Which may put me at a bit of a disadvantage in the joint program compared to the straight anthro programs I applied to.

Edited by trogdorburninator

I applied to the joint program in Social Work and Sociology. Anxiously awaiting the results :)

I am interested in geriatric social work and community partnerships that help older adults remain independent and enjoy a high QOL while aging in their current home/community.

I noticed a couple of results for Michigan State's Ph.D. in Social Work on the results search, but I must have missed the interview for University of Michigan. Did you find this on the results search? If so, what was the date out of curiosity? Thanks!

Edited by atlremix

• 2 weeks later...