Anyone heard back from Ohio State or Case Western?

Axolotl

Hey everyone! This is the first time I'm posting on this site. Has anyone applied to Case Western's MSSA Program or Ohio State's MSW Program? If so, have you heard back? I'm waiting anxiously, checking my admission status multiple times a day!

Good luck to all!

- Emily  :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who replied! Still waiting to hear back from both... Though I did not get the email that BunnyMeadows says they received. The waiting game is tough.

I had a Case Western faculty member reach out to me directly, stating that they thought that the program was an excellent fit for me and offering to answer any questions while they waited for the admissions committee to make a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got accepted to Ohio State on 2/18!  :D

Case Western is starting to frustrate me though. I checked my status of my application online yesterday and the status had changed from "UNDER REVIEW" to "DECISION RENDERED" but I have not gotten any notification (email or otherwise) as to what this decision is! Anyone else have that problem? 

Yay congrats on OSU that was my top choice last year!

Maybe you can shoot an email to Case? I know that last year I submitted all of my apps in Nov and I heard back from Case in January.  I heard from OSU around this time (well mid Feb).  Anyways good luck at whichever you choose!

Finally got accepted to Ohio State on 2/18!  :D

Case Western is starting to frustrate me though. I checked my status of my application online yesterday and the status had changed from "UNDER REVIEW" to "DECISION RENDERED" but I have not gotten any notification (email or otherwise) as to what this decision is! Anyone else have that problem? 

Congratulations! (And good luck)

Can I ask what your stats are that you are applying with?

Congratulations! (And good luck)

Can I ask what your stats are that you are applying with?

Thank you! I did not need to take the GRE for either of the schools I applied to so I cannot report that score. I have a 3.93 GPA with extensive volunteer experience with LGBT youth in Columbus as well as a Bachelor of Social Work field placement at a homeless shelter in downtown Columbus. For both Case and OSU, I applied to their Advanced Standing programs. 

Hi all,
Not sure if this helps but I was accepted to CWRU. I applied January 15th and also did not receive that email that BunnyMeadows received about my application being under review.
They are sending my fin aid info via snail mail hopefully sometime this week.

I also applied to OSU that same day and have not heard a thing from them.

Congrats on finishing apps, everyone!
Ali

Hi all,

Not sure if this helps but I was accepted to CWRU. I applied January 15th and also did not receive that email that BunnyMeadows received about my application being under review.

They are sending my fin aid info via snail mail hopefully sometime this week.

I also applied to OSU that same day and have not heard a thing from them.

Congrats on finishing apps, everyone!

Ali

Congratulations, Ali! I found out that I was actually accepted to CWRU on 2/27. The email was in my junk folder! Crazy. So now I have a decision to make. Even with scholarship money, I will still have to take out loans for Case, and Case will be about $5,000 more expensive than OSU. I wish it were an easy decision. 

I haven't heard a thing from OSU! My scholarship info from Case also came, and like you said, it will still be more expensive than OSU is without scholarship. We do have some decisions to make :/
I spoke to one of my social work professors at UD about it, and she said that the extra money is only worth it if we want to be a teacher at an Ivy league school or something. She went to OSU for grad school and really liked it. In fact all of my social work professors at my undergrad school went to OSU. If that helps your decision at all.
I'll probably end up at OSU if I get in! But I still haven't heard anything and I applied mid-January. :(

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have a question. I am applying for Case's MSSA in the Fall of 2016. I hear mention of people applying Priority Decision in January. I can't seem to find information about this deadline online. The only deadline I see is in April. Can someone explain where this January 15th deadline is coming from?

Edited by Mynista13

I just checked my application for 2015, and I submitted it on 1/15/15. It may have been in the actual application itself. 

In general, the sooner the better. Especially for financial aid/scholarships. I urge you to get the applications in as soon as you possibly can if it's rolling admissions. 

• 4 months later...