Anyone still waiting on Scripps?

xxyyxx

Based on past years, Scripps has sent interview invitations in waves. Anyone else still hopeful on an invite from them? I called the CA grad office and they said they had just finished reviewing apps. 

Based on past years, Scripps has sent interview invitations in waves. Anyone else still hopeful on an invite from them? I called the CA grad office and they said they had just finished reviewing apps. 

Here I am, waiting for a miracle. Lol. So I guess no more happy people for Scripps? 

Hi. I'm pretty much expecting a rejection at this point but I don't feel too bad about it, because for me Scripps wasn't a top choice. I really only ended up applying due to the free application lol.

I heard from a former grad student (now a post doc at Columbia) that Scripps has been in the red for quite some time. I don't know how much that affects anything, just an interesting thing I heard.

Well I wouldn't give up hope just yet. According to their newsletter they had the most applications they ever had this year, around 730 or so. Last year they had a 27% rate which equates to about 200 students. I don't believe that there have been 200 invites sent already. Based on what everyone else has said about people calling and messaging them, there seems to be another round going out soon. There are also a couple great applicants who haven't heard back so we are not alone in our waiting. I think they have invited the very top applicants first so that they can hear from them before Harvard or other top schools come out just so they can clinch their interest first. Now that all the top are out, they will probably invite some of the rest of us. Just my train of thought here...

I think the February weekend is soon enough that if they do invite more people for interviews, they will want people to go during the March weekend. I need to book travel to UMich for that weekend, assuming I don't get an interview, so they should hurry up and reject me already.

Just got an email from them yesterday saying that they will continue notifying those selected for interviews all the way through the first week of March and they will inform those granted admission by April 15th. Not sure how that plays into the interview weekends, but it would be great to get a notification sooner than later!

The california campus's first interview weekend is next weekend...I really hope I hear from them soon because I won't be able to attend their other interview weekend in March...