Mentioned POI in SOP

Hi All,

I mentioned Prof X in my SOP though he never responded to my email. Not sure if he is going to recruit new PhD students this year. Came to know later that another Prof in the same department got a big grant and might support PhDs. My research matches with both of them. Not sure what to do now. Expecting a big No if Prof X is not recruiting. Will it be a good idea to email Program Director and let him know my research interests and my willingness to work with other Profs also. Really confused. please guide!!!

I wouldn't send that email. If you were clear about your research interests, then the adcom will know that you're willing to work with any profs who share those interests. Sending an email to the Program Director to say that will make it seem like either your SOP was incomplete or you're trying to game the system to get in. Sit back, relax, and just wait to hear from them.