Syracuse Maxwell - Admitted thread Fall 2015

Xperto

Greetings brothers (and sisters) in arms

I have received an acceptance notification yesterday for the MPA Program at Maxwell (however they have indicated that financial decision notifications will not come up until March), any other prospective students around? Would love to hear about you and your opinions towards the Program, the School and University in general

Good luck everyone in this application season

Cheers!

I'm in the Maxwell Political Science program (Field of study-International Security). Based on the admissions info and holistic approach, I have a feeling that  this school will be one of my choices that will likely to accept me. 

Congrats as well by the way.

Hi Everyone,

I received notification last week as well, and just got an e-mail from a current student reaching out to see if I had any questions about the program. I am definitely excited, but I will continue to hold my breath until funding decisions are made!

Best of luck to all!

Gosh, you guys. I'm super antsy! I've gotten radio silence from Maxwell aside from them asking for my transcript. (Did they lose it the first time? I sent my app back in October.) A little news would be nice! Congrats to you guys who have gotten some good news, and best of luck with funding decisions!

Hi guys!

Good news!

I got my decision.

And it's good news! I got in. :) I'm super excited about being admitted! I've got five other programs to hear back from over the next month or so, so It is great to kick off the decisions emails with a W.

Now we all sit and wait for the real test--funding decisions. (Dun dun DUNNNN!) Good luck to all of you as we await our fates over the next few weeks!

Aja

I believe that Political Science decisions were released for most Political Science applicants for Maxwell as of today. I didn't make it. Regardless of this school claiming to have a program at a Masters level for Political Science (with a field of study in International Security), I think that they emphasize their Political Science more at a PhD level than at a Masters level. Not what I am going for, anyway. 

Congrats to those who go in to the Maxwell- Political Science program.

Edit: Wow, so far all of the Maxwell Political Science applicants have been rejected on the Results page on this site. I don't feel too sad now.

Edited by Guest

OneLove121, I didn't even know Maxwell had a Master's for Political Science :o  Shows how much I did my research...I applied and got into their Phd for Poli Sci, and received my acceptance the 12th. I'm seeing that more people got accepted/rejected now. I was searching the results page constantly because I didn't see anything!

Anyway, best of luck! You'll end up where you belong :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my acceptance a few days ago.  Have six more schools outstanding.  I'm glad to have gotten the first decision back on a positive footing.  Like everyone else, let's see how the funding plays out.  But at least I can relax a little bit now.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on decisions.  

I got my acceptance to the MA IR at the end of February! It was my first acceptance, so I was really excited! :) Still waiting on funding as well as 5 other schools. Congrats to those accepted!

Those of us who were accepted in February and told that funding decisions would come mid-March--we have yet to hear anything, right? I'm just curious to see what funding Syracuse's MPA program may Or may not offer me.

Hi Guys

Congratulations to those who got their admissions. I submitted my application for MAIR program on Jan 30th. Still waiting for the results. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Is there someone going through the same?

I just received the letter of admission on the mail and Im really excited!! I'm an international student so I didn't expect to receive an envelope.

As I grew up watching gilmore  girls, it is nice that I can say now that I got the big one!!

Cheers :)

Any news on funding yet? Must be coming out sometime during this week. 

I got my email today. No idea if they were all sent out at the same time or not but I know I got mine

I got my email today. No idea if they were all sent out at the same time or not but I know I got mine

Got the financial aid email today too...!!

Oh, that's nice. I still didn't get email from them, hopefully by tomorrow...