Anyone got UCLA CS Survey Request?

trufle

I just received an email from the UCLA CS Grad Affairs Office asking to fill out "a secondary survey to get a sense of what undergraduate courses our applicants have taken."

Did anyone else get a similar email? Any idea what this means, or if it's a good sign? (I applied to the MS program)

Edited by trufle

Yeah, though the difference being they asked me to convert my grades to a 4-point scale (My undergrad university has a 10-point grading system), and check boxes against about 10 courses (e.g. Networks, Programming Languages, DBMS,... ). 

The interesting part was: "You will be asked on the first page to enter your UID (which in your case is ...", since I hadn't received any UID from them before this. 

Just got an automated followup email: 

Due to the large number of respondents sent this survey, we will not have time to answer individual questions.  This survey is voluntary; use your best judgment to fill it out. If you are unable to complete the survey, that is fine; it will not impact your admission decision.

So well, that's that I guess.  :mellow: