UCSB Central Fellowships

jujubea

Does anyone know what the range of amounts is for receiving UCSB's "central fellowship" as a newly admitted graduate student? Or what is a typical package?

They don't publish this info on UCSB's website, or anywhere else that I've been able to find.

Another gradcafe-er PM'd they received 27k from the central fellowship, in an unrelated major, but still in the humanities.

The results search shows someone in physics getting 32k, and someone in English getting 29k.

Anyone else able to guesstimate or contribute data?

No clue.  I've been accepted into their Anthro MA/PhD program without a word on funding other than the vast majority of students receive TA-ships. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out I got a Central Fellowship in Education and mine's for $24,000, which I felt was a lot until I saw these numbers... I've been told getting any funding in my department is rare, though, so I'm thrilled. 

Edited by mngrue

• 3 weeks later...

My advisor told me I would be getting one, but she didn't know the amount. The Vice Chair of our department (Education) emailed me with the details. 

UCSB Central Fellowships are the ones given by the graduate division and students must be nominated by faculty in their department to the grad div.  Grad Div then sends your application packet (which for new students is your grad school application) to a committee of faculty from across campus (all diff disciplines) to be read and scored. Cent Fellowships include Tuition, Health Insurance and a $24k stipend. 

Student fees are not included. You have to pay those on your own. They're $250-300 I think. 

Go Gauchos!