Georgetown MPP Admitted 2015

brmoran

I just logged into ApplyYourself seeing that another person posted on the results page that their admissions decision was uploaded there. So was mine!

Anyone still waiting to hear back from McCourt should go log in and see if there's news waiting for them! I have not received any email, FYI. No mention of merit funding either.

I took your advice and saw that I've been admitted! Thanks :) 

Seconding what naso said, make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of your status page. There will either be nothing there or a link that says:

• DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 3/4/2015
    • Your application decision is now available online

Hi everyone. First off, congrats to all the MPP admits! This might be a bit off-topic and I might be in the wrong thread. Anyway, are results for MIDP and MPP typically released in separate time periods? Seeing that MPP results have been released for the Fall 2015 class, I have grown a bit anxious about the MIDP results. I applied to MIDP program, and have not heard from the school since (except for confirmation that all my application materials have been submitted). Anyone out there who applied to the MIDP program and heard back already?

Hi @user27!! I applied to the MIDP and havent heard anything yet. Georgetown is one of my top choices so Im a bit restless.

Hi! Not a lot of posts on MIDP admits over at the Results search page for previous years either. It seems that last year results were released mid-March. Hopefully we get to hear back this week! Do you have any idea of how funding is for MIDP?

I spoke to the admissions office last week and was told that they expect to announce funding decisions in the next two weeks. Not sure if that means they will contact everyone or just those who are awarded funding. 

I just got in touch with the admissions office at Georgetown and they told me that now funding decisions for the MPP won't be announced until the end of the month.

Thanks for sharing - I guess everything will only become clear end of this month/beg April for all the remaining schools on funding.

I contacted McCourt Admissions last Friday to inquire about the MIDP. After uploading my letter, I contacted them again to ask about funding. I got the same response as @Franopan... the info will be released by the end of march. 

Whoa. It's difficult to consider Georgetown's offer seriously without funding info. Thanks for the reaching out to them and reporting back.

By the way, my decision letter disappeared from the Apply Yourself website. I thought they were about to replace that letter with an letter with funding. Or maybe they are rescinding their offer of admission...?

Yeah my acceptance letter disappeared too. I had the same thought about adding funding info, but I guess they are taking their time with it. Will be interesting to see what this web chat is like, as it'll be hard to start thinking about getting housing, registering for classes, etc etc without knowing about funding...

That's actually pretty disappointing to hear. I'd hold out hope that this means they're putting together lots of funding offers. At least "the end of March" is only 10 days away or so.

Yeah my acceptance letter disappeared too. I had the same thought about adding funding info, but I guess they are taking their time with it. Will be interesting to see what this web chat is like, as it'll be hard to start thinking about getting housing, registering for classes, etc etc without knowing about funding...

Same here. My decision letter has disappeared from the online account too.

This is the reply I got from them....

We give priority to our admitted students, to respond to their admittance by April 15th. After that, those who are on the Wait List will be contacted between the end of April, and into the summer. We understand that applicants may be waiting to hear from multiple schools, and appreciate your patience.

Please be advised, funding is for admitted students.

Any more insights into waitlisted students?

Just received the merit funding decision. Got an email to check the website.

Unfortunately, I only received $3,750 per semester for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. It's unclear whether those amounts would be renewed for the second year. Anyone have any insight there?

Looks like I'll probably be heading to Duke, as they gave me quite a bit more.

Edited by brmoran

Just received the merit funding decision. Got an email to check the website.

Unfortunately, I only received $3,750 per semester for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. It's unclear whether those amounts would be renewed for the second year. Anyone have any insight there?

Looks like I'll probably be heading to Duke, as they gave me quite a bit more.

@brmoran - Got the same exact offer as you.  Similarly, I couldn't discern for myself if the award was renewable for the second year but frankly I wasn't too concerned about that after I saw the award amount. GTown is likely off the table for me as well

I received the exact same amount as well. I assumed it was normal for me as that is roughly consistent with what I received elsewhere, but if you received much more from Duke brmoran then that seems quite strange. Duke seems receptive to negotiating with me so we'll see what shakes out. 

If you don't mind me asking, what are your rough profiles versus the amounts you've been awarded?

Edited by Jirani