Georgetown MPP Admitted 2015

brmoran

How long did you all wait between your letter disappearing and the new letter with your funding offer?

Pavlik: Thank you so much for the suggestion, Derricka has been a huge help.  Do you know where I can find a handbook or course descriptions for the non-core offerings?  I haven't been able to find these online.

I had trouble getting a hold of people as well, but the person that Pavlik recommended has been tremendously helpful in setting up an alternative visit: Derricka McDaniel, email is dbm46 [at] georgetown.edu

It was actually somewhat difficult tracking down the first time I did for a prospective student, but here you go:

http://courses.georgetown.edu/index.cfm?Action=List&ProgramID=68&AcademicYear=2014&AcademicTerm=FallSpring#_ga=1.19267071.637415023.1417460599

Guys, how did you receive your fin.aid response? In the admission letter? I did not receive anything there

Students are generally notified that they have been selected for a merit-based award at the time they are offered admission (in the acceptance letter).

I am not sure what other financial aid you may have applied for. Did you apply for the FAFSA? If so, that application is for an education loan from the U.S. Department of Education. Since this is funding from the U.S. government, F-1 and J-1 students are not eligible for this type of aid.

I checked it, but no info and no email. Strange. At least email with rejection. Where exactly should I check? Thanks.

If you haven't received any news so far chances are you didn't get any funding. I don't think they send rejection emails for merit-based scholarships. If this is the case, you may still be able to get some money though. I didn't originally receive any funding, but I asked them to reconsider and they made an offer this morning. I'm guessing things are still moving, so if you already contacted them about this, you will likely receive an email soon. If you haven't spoken to them at all about funding, you should send an email ASAP and you might still have a chance.