Cornell CIPA Admitted 2015 Thread

--jawn--

Hi Everyone!

I heard a few weeks back about my acceptance and received the official letter last week. I'm very excited -- I received a $16k fellowship from the program, so they are definitely making this decision tougher. Has anyone else heard from them? About funding?

Cheers!

Thanks! I think it took about a month for them to get back to me with the unofficial e-mail. I submitted right before winter break, so I didn't expect anyone to look at my application until January. Their response time was roughly within CIPA's given time frame. Hope that helps!

Congratulations, Jawn!! 

I just received an email from a CIPA Professor saying he recommended my application for admission. Did something similar happened to you before you got the official email?

@serwah Filming the video seems in retrospective the most stressful part of my application for CIPA. They told me they would issue a response within 1 to 3 weeks after my status changed to "complete".

Congratulations, Jawn!! 

I just received an email from a CIPA Professor saying he recommended my application for admission. Did something similar happened to you before you got the official email?

@serwah Filming the video seems in retrospective the most stressful part of my application for CIPA. They told me they would issue a response within 1 to 3 weeks after my status changed to "complete".

I could only see getting an e-mail from a professor as a good sign. What are your areas of interest?

Also, the video interview was way more stressful than I thought it was going to be! Congrats all on finishing your apps.

I agree about the video interview being the most stressful part. After it was submitted, I found myself wondering if it was too long, and then in next minute, wondering if it was too short.  I would by far have liked an in-person interview. At the same time, I really like how responsive the CIPA admissions office has been to my inquiries. 

My areas of interest include international development, economics, fiscal policy and administration. I also have a special place in my heart for languages and music. 

@jawn if you don't mind, could you share a bit about your educational/professional background?

@serwah sure. I posted in the stickies thread, but I'm on my phone so I'll paraphrase here. I graduated cum laude in 2012 from Temple University's Honors Program. I am proficient in Spanish - having extensive experience in Nicaragua from working in a non-profit and studying abroad there. Scored a 160 verbal, 153 quant, and 4.5 writing on my GRE. Last year, I served as a VISTA in a high school in Philly, where I worked as a resource coordinator (to put it simply). This year, I stayed on as VISTA leader through the sponsoring org which is housed by UPenn.

In a nutshell, I want to focus on the Community Schools model of education and how we can better bridge our k-12 education to labor and industry while also addressing socio-emotional needs.

How about you?

jawn, thanks for sharing. we actually have similar stats :) . My highest scores were 162V ,150Q and 4.5AW. I am currently a VISTA working with Habitat for Humanity (VISTAs are awesome!). I graduated magna cum laude from a small Catholic university and I am proficient at two other languages apart from English. I participated in a lot of extra-curricular activities and I was President of Student Government. 

Fingers crossed for CIPA!

@dudeinspace, serwah and ashfaq, congrats!!

@applyingF15, I got my email WITH the official letter attached on January 26th. The letter said that I'm being considered for funding and that they'll let me know the final funding decision by March 9th. I'm also an international applicant, so don't know if the process is different for us. Hope this helps :)

Still waiting for the result.

Here are some of my infor, can somebody give me some advice?

UC Berkeley undergrad. Econ major with a GPA 3.75; 310+@GRE

Two NGO internship experience and some other experiences related to public affairs

Able to speak five East Asian languages

Three recommendation from two famous professor's and one of my managers.

Still waiting for the result.

Here are some of my infor, can somebody give me some advice?

UC Berkeley undergrad. Econ major with a GPA 3.75; 310+@GRE

Two NGO internship experience and some other experiences related to public affairs

Able to speak five East Asian languages

Three recommendation from two famous professor's and one of my managers.

You need advice on waiting for your results? I'd say remain patient and maybe check your email a couple times a day.

If you really want to hunker down and wait, I'd recommend getting a comfortable chair and a book; maybe a few gallons of water depending on how long you'll be waiting.