UW MSW Fall 2015 Applicants

asdghasdghsjdgas

Didn't see a topic for UW, and honestly it's my number one choice right now. Has anyone heard anything back yet? I applied for the day program by the dec 1 deadline, hoping to concentrate in community-centered integrative practice.

I'm waiting for a reply from them too. Based on the message boards concerning UW, people usually don't hear back from the early reply deadline until early March it seems. Perhaps if they're lucky, the last week of February. It was my first choice due to the proximity to hospitals and being close to the VA Medical Program, but more focused on CA right now, however, I'd still like to know. It's a great program.

Yeah when I did a results search it did look like all the acceptances happened in March. I looked at the UW website and the PDF they posted with announcements said that people who applied by the dec 1 deadline would hear back in February. Maybe that means late February, but I'm still nervous!!

It seems like a lot of people here applied to UW. It's my top pick as well. Every time they send me an email about something my heart jumps out of chest. From what i've read it seems like late Feb. for early decision and late March for regular decision.  I am in the late March, the next couple weeks will be long.  

I applied to UW's advanced standing program so hopefully will hear back in the next few weeks! Anyone have any idea how good UW's financial aid package is? My only concern is being an out of state student because it can get a bit pricey. But it is such a great school so we will see!

• 2 weeks later...

do y'all think that we'll be hearing back on friday for the dec 1 deadline? the results search for 2014 shows that a good number of people heard back on feb 28 of last year

Hey everyone! Here is information that I received from an admissions contact, on a separate issue, but will probably clarify all you patient applicants!

"The deadline for the Advanced Standing Program is January 5, 2015. The Advanced Standing option is not available for the early consideration deadline (December 1st), only for the Day and EDP option. [Advanced Standing] Students will normally receive a decision by the end of March or early April. "

So... now we wait. Please keep us updated as you hear back from UW as it sounds like it is top choice for a lot of people (including myself)! Best of luck to everyone  :) Hope to see you in Seattle.

Edited by jacqueepaige

Yikes I am surprised at how late that is especially since advanced standing begins in July. I was hoping this next week would be the week :(

Yea, I think we all were hoping that. But, stay positive! Seems you've got a good option getting into PSU as well. Good luck, everyone!

Yea, I think we all were hoping that. But, stay positive! Seems you've got a good option getting into PSU as well. Good luck, everyone!

Yeah, definitely! Portland state has already started getting us connected to potential field placements for the next year so I am definitely impressed by that. I equally love both UW and PSU for different reasons so I am definitely excited to go to PSU. But I would definitely consider UW...but it may be harder to do that if it's already April. I hope some people at least start hearing back soon!

Emails have started flowing for early decisions (Day program at least). If you had your application in by 1 Dec you should be getting your decision email this evening!

Has anyone heard anything yet??

Edited by leprshaun

Emails have started flowing for early decisions (Day program at least). If you had your application in by 1 Dec you should be getting your decision email this evening!

Awesome! Thanks! I can't wait any longer! 

Did anyone else get the "still too close to call" email from the director of admissions? Supposedly they said there were a lot of good applicants this year therefore even those who applied for early decision won't hear back until March 24th, but hopefully before that. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Any Advanced Standing notifications yet?

I've also applied for the advanced standing at UW and  I haven't heard anything yet!! I am just wondering if anyone knows in previous years whether the school sends their letters (accepted/declined/wait-listed) by email or snail mail? Thanks! 

I received my acceptance via email (they might have also sent a letter...but the email definitely came first).

Congratulations!!!! Did you apply Advanced Standing? I am interested to know when those decisions are rolling out! :) 

I've also applied for the advanced standing at UW and  I haven't heard anything yet!! I am just wondering if anyone knows in previous years whether the school sends their letters (accepted/declined/wait-listed) by email or snail mail? Thanks! 

I think I found last year that they did emails (PS I tried to find the Grad Cafe board again, but I was overwhelmed). I imagine they have too many applicants to send snail mail. Good luck!

Congratulations!!!! Did you apply Advanced Standing? I am interested to know when those decisions are rolling out! :)

Whoops, I should have specified. I was accepted in 2013 (and I was not advanced standing), so the year they sent out decisions for my cohort we received emails first (at least I did). Not sure how its going to be this year, but I would assume you'd be seeing an email. Good luck!

Edited by paige_elizabeth10

I'm only waiting on UW to make my final decision. It's definitely nerve wracking since I applied to advanced standing which isn't much time to pack up a move across the country.