UW MSW Fall 2015 Applicants

asdghasdghsjdgas

Did anyone else get the "still too close to call" email from the director of admissions? Supposedly they said there were a lot of good applicants this year therefore even those who applied for early decision won't hear back until March 24th, but hopefully before that. Fingers crossed.

I got that email last year and ended up making it into the program during regular admission. Good luck!

Denied :( though last month I was accepted to the advanced standing program at WUSTL in addition to a $25,000 scholarship, so I'm not too distraught. I guess I'm just a little surprised they didn't even want to put me on the waitlist. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate for UW is? P.S. congrats to all who are hearing good news!

Denied :( though last month I was accepted to the advanced standing program at WUSTL in addition to a $25,000 scholarship, so I'm not too distraught. I guess I'm just a little surprised they didn't even want to put me on the waitlist. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate for UW is? P.S. congrats to all who are hearing good news!

http://socialwork.uw.edu/admissions/class-profile

Those are the class profiles for 2014/2015, which doesn't really have acceptance rates, but a lot of data that can help you maybe figure out why you might not have been accepted.

Also I was denied from the Advanced Standing program - Not sure if I am going to attend graduate school. The return on investment for an MSW is too low for me right now. Maybe later. Best of luck to all of you who've been accepted/attending anywhere! We need more social workers in this world :) 

Congratulations! What did you apply for?

Thank you! I applied for the Advanced Standing program, with a concentration in Administration and Policy practice! I will definitely be attending UW, so if anyone else will be, I'll be looking for potential roommates!

I am an international applicant who went to school in the US for my undergrad. I got accepted to UW late Feb (I submitted my application before Dec 1). I applied for the regular 2 year day program. Hope you guys hear back from UW soon! I'm still waiting for USC and PSU's reply. UW is my first choice though so I'm definitely going to attend this fall. 

Whooo! I got in! I applied for regular admissions 2 year program!

Congrats! Just curious did you email the dept. and ask? I haven't heard anything yet and i'm starting to feel like the rejection is imminent.

Congrats! Just curious did you email the dept. and ask? I haven't heard anything yet and i'm starting to feel like the rejection is imminent.

I got the email yesterday :)

For those new to Seattle and UW I did my undergrad there so I would be happy to meet up and introduce the place to people when they start moving over!

I got the email yesterday :)

For those new to Seattle and UW I did my undergrad there so I would be happy to meet up and introduce the place to people when they start moving over!

That would be awesome!

I got a letter saying that I shouldn't wait for my financial package to simply leave my deposit to reserve my spot haha. They seem so late on everything compared with the other schools they do start in July though the other programs start in June. What I would do for a UW in-state tuition right my decision would be a no brainer. 

I got a letter saying that I shouldn't wait for my financial package to simply leave my deposit to reserve my spot haha. They seem so late on everything compared with the other schools they do start in July though the other programs start in June. What I would do for a UW in-state tuition right my decision would be a no brainer. 

Have they even sent the deposit information yet? I don't know if it's just because they haven't sent it out, or I'm just late in getting the notifications.

Have they even sent the deposit information yet? I don't know if it's just because they haven't sent it out, or I'm just late in getting the notifications.

I got it in the mail Friday (South Florida). I am assuming you'll get yours today or tomorrow in the mail.

Still no word on financial aid... anyone else?

I just got an e-mail about financial aid but they're telling me to log in with my Net ID which I don't have. In order to get one you need a system key? Anyone know anything about that?