Has anyone ever tried EmpowerGRE for test prep?

youngcharlie101

I tried Magoosh and Manhattan Prep, but my GRE scores were still quite low, and I devoted over 40 hours a week to studying. 

Verbal: 153

Quantiative: 146

AW: 5/5

I definitely want to get higher scores for my Fall 2016 applications. Has anyone tried EmpowerGRE before? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Youngcharlie101,

There is an advice shared by The Princeton Review coaching centre on the below link.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/reviews-on-gmat-coaching-institutes-in-bangalore-25079987

I would also suggest you to follow the same advice to decide which institute to join rather than asking others and it makes sense too.

Good Luck

Hi youngcharlie 101,

Yes! I've been using EMPOWER GRE for about 3 weeks now and it's super helpful. Here are my thoughts why:

The instructors in the videos are very good. They're energetic, thorough, and the advice is so different from the books I've read. It's not just content based, they tell you how to think about the questions. It's like being coached rather than being taught if you get the distinction?

I don't want to jinx it, but my practice test scores are already way up, and for the first time, I actually feel like I can beat the GRE. Like really beat it.

I didn't use Manhattan because it's a bit out of my price range, but I like their 5 pound GRE book.

But, you've tried Magoosh so you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Just listen to the free stuff on empowergre.com to see what I mean about the difference in energy, and approach. It's just different.

Bottom line. It's awesome. You should take EMPOWER GRE in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with HelloKitty77. EMPOWERgre is fantastic. I'm about 2/3 of the way through now, and my scores are up across the board. My only bone to pick is that they don't advertise enough. I had to dig to find out about them. That said, I really, really like this course, and have already started recommending it to people.

Take it!

• 4 weeks later...

I also agree 100%. There were some minor quirks in the software, but overall, EMPOWER GRE was fantastic. It made quantitative comparison questions a breeze for me, and they kind of freaked me out before. The Triage tactic saved my life. I think Triage alone may have gotten me 10 points. The Vocab modules were way more powerful than flash cards, and I thought how it broke down the specific RC question types was brilliant. 

Hands down, if you're prepping for the GRE right now, sign up for EMPOWER GRE. I found it more of a help than I could have imagined. 

Private message me if you want the 15% off referral code. I'd be happy to share.

Hi All,

For anyone who's researching their study options and certainly for anyone who feels 'stuck' in their studies, we have a variety of free resources at our website (www.empowergre.com) that you can use to test out our Course.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

GRE masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich

Hi All,

Here's another great free resource if you're looking to improve your math "skills":

Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) is a fantastic free site that can teach you all sorts of subjects. For GRE purposes, you should stick to the basic math subjects (Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, etc.), but the site makes the process more 'game-like' and fun (as opposed to many academic sources that come across are purely technical).

GRE masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich