Best Rejection Reactions - 2015

ERR_Alpha

So we had this thread somewhere last year and it was fantastic... What are the funniest/weirdest things you can find on the results search?

Found this gem today:

• Rejected from Columbia the same day Jon Stewart announces his future retirement. Pfff, screw you, New York.

I love this idea.

I saw a reaction that may not be funny to others but I laughed at them.

They were rejected from one of the best and most selective programs in the field. Their response: "WTF"

Excuse you. Check the ego. 

"GPA 3.6/4 for MS. 5 journals, including two IEEE Transactions, 5 IEEE conferences, 3 excellent LOR. What the fucking else they want????" Um, a good fit?

"So stupid program! Even they accept you, you will have no funding as a non-EU student. Anyway, I got Ivy's offer so that's fine" Then why did you apply?

And not necessarily a rejection but it does have me amused:

"An update on your application: ...The committee is still in the process of reviewing applications and making decisions." Translation: "Stop calling us. We'll call you."

Edited by attackonthedoctor

• WTF? I was the best applicant... IMO winner + INTEL ISEF semifinalist, 3 papers journals IF>2 (sole author), omg Berkeley.....

Oh, you were the best applicant? You should obviously call up adcom and inform them of their horrible mistake!!  :huh:

• 6 conference papers, 3 journals 1st ath, 4 journals 2nd ath and 1 as a 5th author, numerous awards and distinctions, 3 strong LORs, excellent SOP, from Harvard B.Sc., DISAPPOINTED!!! What do they want? Well, their lose..... Heading to MIT :P (not having results yet)

The egos on the results page are mind boggling.

Also granted this was for a Gender and Women's Studies program but still...  :blink:

• Rejected for having conflicting values with Liberty University. Maybe it was my two abortions I discussed in my personal statement?

I saw that one while drinking tea. I nearly choked to death!

I'm pretty fond of the "Bunch of nihilists..." I saw from someone trying to get into a music program (I don't know why was that the first insult they jumped to but I appreciate it).

This one... evidently isn't a rejection? But: "Didn't apply, but f*ck you Stanford. Glad I didn't waste the time, money, or effort..." 

I found this gem today: 

• WTF? I was the best applicant... IMO winner + INTEL ISEF semifinalist, 3 papers journals IF>2 (sole author), omg Berkeley.....

Dude, I don't think your qualifications were the reason for your rejection...

And then there is this one for ITT Printer Support PhD: 

• Was rejected after a short interview. The interview consisted of many IT related questions that were work place related. Was rejected after I could not properly diagnose a specific problem related to the printer not being plugged in. Also, no funding was available. :(

Also granted this was for a Gender and Women's Studies program but still...  :blink:

• Rejected for having conflicting values with Liberty University. Maybe it was my two abortions I discussed in my personal statement?

Oh man, why the hell would anyone EVER put anything like that in their SOP.