USC (University of Southern California) MPP/MPA/MPL

I believe we'll hear back soon. I got an email on 2/2 that my application was completed and process and to expect a decision by the end of February so the next 2 weeks will be full of anxiety.

Those who received the Dean's merit half/full scholarship last year were notified unexpectedly early last year. We received packages in the mail out of the blue in early February. I'd say that due to the lack of activity on the forum that this was the exception rather than the rule, though.

I also applied for the MPA (I think I submitted my app 12/13). I've been stalking USConnect and the graduate certification link (Google search USC camel), and although there haven't been any changes to the admission status on USConnect, today i was able I log into the grad cert link. Before today, it said that my USC ID and password weren't authorized. Today, it led me to the statement of intent form :)?

And I haven't received anything in the mail/email recently.

Edited by AHAC

Just got my acceptance letter as an MPA. No mention of funding, though as someone else in the results section mentioned, the letter was from office of admission and basically said the department may contact with further information.

I received my acceptance over email, but today I received an envelope with funding information delivered to my home address. It looks like they're sending funding decisions through the mail this year. 

Just got an email from USC two days ago and it said:

Greetings from the University of Southern California. We have reviewed your application for admission to graduate study, and are unable to proceed because of important items missing from your application file. These items are listed below:

academic transcripts, including coursework from the most recent semester as indicated below:

I already sent these transcripts, so this is email is worrying me.  

Does this mean I am rejected? I submitted my app Dec 15, do  they need these things to reject people?

Edited by Boyleheights

Greetings from the University of Southern California. We have reviewed your application for admission to graduate study, and are unable to proceed because of important items missing from your application file. These items are listed below:

academic transcripts, including coursework from the most recent semester as indicated below:

Does this mean I am rejected? I submitted my app Dec 15, do  they need these things to reject people?

It probably means they lost your transcript.

I went through the same thing earlier this month. It took three tries sending my transcript before they got it. The winner finally got through when I sent it directly to the department instead of their central admissions.

But don't stress, I think this is a good sign for you. I was accepted, and from my point of view, if they knew they were going to reject you they wouldn't be waiting on your transcript. Just stay in contact with them and let them know you're trying to send it again.

Hey,

Congratulations on your financial aid offers!

I have a couple of questions: What is the date on the letter you received by mail? Do you guys live in So. California? I live in the Bay Area and think that it would not take long for the mail to arrive here from LA.

The wait is just driving me crazy. Maybe I'll receive something on Saturday. If not, I guess it's going to be UCLA for me...

Thanks.

Naso, letter dated Feb. 17, I live in a whole different region of the country. I also applied VERY early, think I had absolutely everything in by the end of October. 

Hey,

Congratulations on your financial aid offers!

I have a couple of questions: What is the date on the letter you received by mail? Do you guys live in So. California? I live in the Bay Area and think that it would not take long for the mail to arrive here from LA.

The wait is just driving me crazy. Maybe I'll receive something on Saturday. If not, I guess it's going to be UCLA for me...

Thanks.

I also live on the West Coast, and the letter was postmarked Feb 17. 

I live in LA so this info may or may not be helpful but for anyone interested, my letter from price (usps) with funding info was dated 2/19, and received 2/21. My letter from office of admissions was dated 2/18, but I was able to view it on us connect on 2/20.

I agree with naso. No rejection letter means you're still in the game. In previous years, ppl were getting admission letters through mid-March. I would give price admissions a call if you're really anxious.

Just got the email to check my status about half an hour ago.

I'm accepted with no mention of funding. Excited and worried all at the same time, though according to some in this thread I should expect a letter in the mail soon.

Edited by MJA87

Just got the email to check my status about half an hour ago.

I'm accepted with no mention of funding. Excited and worried all at the same time, though according to some in this thread I should expect a letter in the mail soon.

Congratulations! If my experience is universal, any funding offers will come in the mail. Mine arrived around two days after admission, and it seems like most people's have been in a similar time frame.