UCLA Luskin

Received an email yesterday from the public policy department admitting me to the program, but no mention of funding. The email does say that there will be a formal offer from the Graduate Division, unclear if that will have a funding offer or if they're just not offering me anything. Anyone else admitted yesterday? Anyone have a funding offer?

Wouldn't want to make assumptions or burst your bubble, but I encountered the same thing last year, and was told that financial assistance in terms of scholarships and fellowships were decided on already at the time we received our admissions, and that we would have been notified separately already at that point. They also said they didn't have a ton of cash to distribute.

Hey folks, 

Congrats on your acceptance! I got notified early last week as well, and they mentioned nominating me for the Graduate Opportunity Fellowship. I don't know whether that's final or not, because it also said that the Graduate Division would notify us separately of the finalized funding decisions before 3/31. At this point, I don't think they've sent out funding offers yet, so I suppose it's still a waiting game!

Wouldn't want to make assumptions or burst your bubble, but I encountered the same thing last year, and was told that financial assistance in terms of scholarships and fellowships were decided on already at the time we received our admissions, and that we would have been notified separately already at that point. They also said they didn't have a ton of cash to distribute.

I see from your comment history that you chose to attend CMU's Policy Analytics program. I also applied to that track. Not to hijack OP's post, but are you happy with CMU so far? What factors led to you enrolling at Heinz instead of Luskin?

To be honest, I didn't actually spend that much time looking at Luskin, so I don't have a great feel for them. They didn't offer me any funding, and ironically ended up being one of the more expensive options I was looking at, even as an in-state resident. I actually received a full scholarship from USC, so that ended up being a much more attractive offer, especially since I got the impression that they were tapped into the same resources and were fairly comparable academically. USC seemed to do a better job at establishing itself as a brand as well.

I am quite satisfied with Heinz overall - I think my complaints are mostly complaints about policy curriculums overall. They do work us to death, though. I'd be willing to talk more about Heinz on the thread that's gotten bumped in the forum so that we don't hijack this one.