CSUF MSW FALL 2015

esp.msw

Hello everyone, wanted to start a thread for csuf. I assume some must be getting their interview dates right around now. I'm impatiently waiting!

Edited by saidypoo

I'm waiting too! The portal says people can start making decisions on the 20th of this month. Somehow I'm hoping my decisions will be on there then!

& I didn't even know they held interviews, tbh. Can I ask where you read that info? Thanks.

I'm waiting too! The portal says people can start making decisions on the 20th of this month. Somehow I'm hoping my decisions will be on there then!

& I didn't even know they held interviews, tbh. Can I ask where you read that info? Thanks.

It's on their website, under admissions and fact sheet I believe.

Edited by saidypoo

I spoke with one CSUF professor in late January, and based on what he said, it sounded like they start reviewing applications after the deadline (Jan 30).  I could be wrong, but it seems they may not use rolling admissions, plus they don't have an Advanced Standing program, so that's one possible explanation as to why they haven't reviewed your application even though you submitted it really early.  I could be mistaken, this is just my conjecture.

The professor also said they may only do some interviews this year and they will try to notify applicants in March and April.

Nothing is definitive or absolute...this is just from one professor.

Thanks for your input! I spoke with the lady in the office 2 weeks ago (I forget her name, but she is the Admin lady). She said they haven't sent out any notifications at that time, and that they hired a new application reviewer and are changing some things (wouldn't go into more detail). She also said people will start hearing back really soon up until May or so. Will hopeful hear something soon. Does anyone know if it will be via email, phone, or snail mail? I've seen older posts talking about getting acceptance notifications in all of those ways.

Edited by Tonk143

Thanks for sharing. 

btw, if anyone is curious, this is what one of the staff members said,

We usually received between 400 and 500 applications, and the acceptance rate is between 24 and 30%. In terms of class size, we are looking to have an MSW Flex cohort of between 30 and 35 for 2015, and a Fullerton cohort between 70 and 80.

This is great information! Thanks for sharing guys! Sounds like they will notifying us sooner than other programs, which is great. I wonder what the criteria will be for some getting interviews and others not. I imagine it will be when they are on the fence about an applicant, which is more nerve wrecking. Still the acceptance rate is reassuring, compared to nearby programs.

I really liked the presentation they gave during the info sessions, very inviting. Good luck to all!

Edited by saidypoo

• 2 weeks later...

Was told that there was a high number of applicants this cycle (no surprise) and notifications should be sent out mid March.

Wouldn't elaborate on my question about interviews, though. So not sure if they are conducting them. Or only for a select few.

Was told that there was a high number of applicants this cycle (no surprise) and notifications should be sent out mid March.

Wouldn't elaborate on my question about interviews, though. So not sure if they are conducting them. Or only for a select few.

Thanks for sharing that info  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just wondering, when you long onto the CSUF portal and click on admissions decision, does it give you "accept/decline" and "waitlist option" buttons? When I click on accept/decline, it says they're not currently accepting admissions decisions and to call if I have questions. alls I wanna know is if I have a spot...

Hi!  I also had that error. I called CSUF MSW and they connected me to the Admissions Coordinator, Duan Tran.  He told me that everything is fine with my app despite the message and that they are reviewing my application next week and sending out the FIRST round of letters VIA SNAIL MAIL (not email) also starting next week.  He also said that if I dont hear anything by the first week of April that I can call him and he will tell me over the phone what my status is.  I turned in my application on October 11, so for those that turned it in later he said expect letters (via snail mail) in April-May.  Lastly, Duan stated that "most people will get an interview, but there will be some that will be invited to the program with an option of an interview."

Ohhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnn it's getting down to the wire!  

P.S. He also said that people will receive the letter before they see anything change on their status report (which confuses me).

Edited by Tonk143

Hi! I also had that error. I called CSUF MSW and they connected me to the Admissions Coordinator, Duan Tran. He told me that everything is fine with my app despite the message and that they are reviewing my application next week and sending out the FIRST round of letters VIA SNAIL MAIL (not email) also starting next week. He also said that if I dont hear anything by the first week of April that I can call him and he will tell me over the phone what my status is. I turned in my application on October 11, so for those that turned it in later he said expect letters (via snail mail) in April-May. Lastly, Duan stated that "most people will get an interview, but there will be some that will be invited to the program with an option of an interview."

Ohhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnn it's getting down to the wire!

P.S. He also said that people will receive the letter before they see anything change on their status report (which confuses me).

Omgosh, thank you! I panicked and thought maybe my application was incomplete or something! Lol. Can I ask what campus you applied to?

Omgosh, thank you! I panicked and thought maybe my application was incomplete or something! Lol. Can I ask what campus you applied to?

No problem!  I panicked too!!  I applied for the part-time flex program in Irvine. You?

Eek. Now I'm thinking about that darn interview. Now that's nerve-wrecking. What to say, what NOT to say. Things can easily go downhill if something is misconstrued.

Edited by saidypooMSW

Do any of you guys know which program more people apply to the flex at Irvine or the full time at fullerton??

I applied in November, this wait is killing me!!!

Edited by Caz