CSUF MSW FALL 2015

esp.msw

I called the social work office. They did confirm that the admissions was from the university and that I should be hearing from the department in a couple days with further information. They said the order of things is a little different this year because this is the first year they have required a deposit for graduates. Also my application status has changed from referred to grad department to admitted and accepted offer of admission. Hope this clarified a little bit.

Well that does make sense, just odd since we would have to pay the $250 and if the department doesn't accept us we would have to be reimbursed?

Edited by MSW2015SR

Congratulations everyone who is in so far!! Did you guys get admitted to full time or part time??

Good Luck to everyone else, I am also hoping for us!

socialwork2015- I received it on my personal email. Make sure you are also checking your spam folder, several peers that applied last year received their acceptances via email on their spam folder.

socialwork2015- I'm CSULB alumni, that's why. It's really just a matter of convenience and familiarity for me. They're both good schools. I recommend going to each one, visit their SW department and explore the campus, then make your decision.

I applied for the full time program. I just wanted to confirm that I received a letter from the department today through personal and CSUF email confirming admission. So how the process goes is you get an email from the university offering admission to your personal and CSUF email. Then about five days later, the department sends you more information. No mention of an interview. Just some additional forms to complete. Good luck to everyone!

Oh you know what, now that I'm looking over the letter more there is a mention that "traditionally, we have applicants participate in an interview" however that will not be necessary for my application. So that theory about some people having to interview and some may not have to interview looks to be true.

yep, I'm the same as sunnyskies. I received my admission to the university email a couple days ago and then today, I received admission from the department. they stated that they don't need to interview me, but if I'd like to meet with the department chair, I can make an appointment. orientation isn't until August. good luck to those still waiting

I haven't received anything either. I keep checking my email and when I dont see anything from CSUF I log onto my CSUF Google account to see if I have anything in there; there isn't haha. I'm getting very discouraged, but CSUF is a great school with a great program so I'll continue waiting :)

Eep, you will know this week for sure right? Do you plan on calling by the end of the week or sooner?

I plan on calling the end of next week if I don't hear anything by then. From what my friends told me, they were invited to an interview in April/May last year. Woooosahhhhhh

Edited by Tonk143

I plan on calling the end of next week if I don't hear anything by then. From what my friends told me, they were invited to an interview in April/May last year. Woooosahhhhhh

Hey everyone, I received my acceptance email today! I got accepted to the part time program, by email. Good luck to everyone else!