CSUF MSW FALL 2015

esp.msw

Do any of you guys know which program more people apply to the flex at Irvine or the full time at fullerton??

I applied in November, this wait is killing me!!!

Don't know that, maybe you can contact admissions? But according to Tonk, below, you may be hearing very soon!

I didn't apply until January so I'll probably be among the May letters :(

My gut tells me there weren't a lot of October applicants anyhow. Lol So you may hear quicker than you think. 

Hi!  I also had that error. I called CSUF MSW and they connected me to the Admissions Coordinator, Duan Tran.  He told me that everything is fine with my app despite the message and that they are reviewing my application next week and sending out the FIRST round of letters VIA SNAIL MAIL (not email) also starting next week.  He also said that if I dont hear anything by the first week of April that I can call him and he will tell me over the phone what my status is.  I turned in my application on October 11, so for those that turned it in later he said expect letters (via snail mail) in April-May.  Lastly, Duan stated that "most people will get an interview, but there will be some that will be invited to the program with an option of an interview."

Ohhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnn it's getting down to the wire!  

P.S. He also said that people will receive the letter before they see anything change on their status report (which confuses me).

Don't know that, maybe you can contact admissions? But according to Tonk, below, you may be hearing very soon!

I didn't apply until January so I'll probably be among the May letters :(

My gut tells me there weren't a lot of October applicants anyhow. Lol So you may hear quicker than you think. 

Thank you! I hope so! Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Tonk :)

yeah, from what you all were saying, I was sincerely expecting a letter or an email with an interview date. I have no idea what kind of system they have going as of lately. 

perhaps the definite yeses get in right away, the maybes get an interview, and so on? this is all speculation at this point.

regardless, good luck guys.

(Also, if anyone gets in and wants/needs a roommate in the fullerton or surrounding areas, I'm definitely interested. hmu!)

Yeah me too. Well, looks like I didn't get in then because I haven't gotten anything back. Would you mind sharing your gpa and experience? I am not a fan of asking this question, but I would like to know (if you are willing to share, of course). Did you apply to full time or part time? Again, congrats and have a great day celebrating an awesome triumph!

There's still hope! You said they told you that you could call and ask about your status right? I'm sure there will be more emails sent out in the coming weeks.

sure. graduated with a 3.9 gpa from a UC with a degree in psychology. I've volunteered at an elementary school since 2007, I was in a psych research lab for 2 years , I was in a national honors society & did a lot of volunteer work. and I took a year off to save up some money, so I'm working in retail right now (and I've moved up in the company within a year). I'm really not too impressive in my specs, so keep those spirits up.

Thanks Saidy. I called and left a voicemail, and I will post when I know. I am doubtful because I turned my app in before dreamcatcher. Good luck to everyone and please keep us a posted too!

There's still hope! You said they told you that you could call and ask about your status right? I'm sure there will be more emails sent out in the coming weeks.

sure. graduated with a 3.9 gpa from a UC with a degree in psychology. I've volunteered at an elementary school since 2007, I was in a psych research lab for 2 years , I was in a national honors society & did a lot of volunteer work. and I took a year off to save up some money, so I'm working in retail right now (and I've moved up in the company within a year). I'm really not too impressive in my specs, so keep those spirits up.

Is csuf your first choice? I see you've been accepted a few other schools.

yeah, at this point, it's between USC and CSUF. I work close to fullerton, so I might stay local to keep some steady income in my bank account. If I don't get into LB, I'll probably end up going with fullerton based on the price point and the credit hours towards licensure.

emails are rolling out guys :) I was accepted this morning. congrats to everyone else who hears back as well!

Congratulations!!!! Did you get your email to your personal email or csuf email? thanks!

I just saw this! Great work dreamcatcher, and thanks for the reply.

I was accepted through email a couple days ago and have already decided to attend and paid the enrollment deposit. I initially received a rejection from San Diego so was quite nervous about getting into my other top choices. Stats if interested: 3.5 gpa, bachelor in social work, am licensed at bachelor level in MN, have been doing case management with individuals who are homeless and have a mental illness. I am originally from CA so I am excited to finally escape the MN winters again! Good luck and hope to see you this fall :)

I was accepted through email a couple days ago and have already decided to attend and paid the enrollment deposit. I initially received a rejection from San Diego so was quite nervous about getting into my other top choices. Stats if interested: 3.5 gpa, bachelor in social work, am licensed at bachelor level in MN, have been doing case management with individuals who are homeless and have a mental illness. I am originally from CA so I am excited to finally escape the MN winters again! Good luck and hope to see you this fall :)

Yay! Thank you for sharing and congrats!

I was accepted to CSUF Monday March 23rd also via email! No mention of an interview just a $250 deposit which I am assuming is to hold your spot.

Congratulations! You have been admitted to California State University, Fullerton for the Fall 2015 semester. On behalf of the University, I want to extend you a warm welcome to the Cal State Fullerton academic community. All segments of our community are pleased that you have selected the University as the place where you will further your academic career.

As a new student, you will find that the University offers an abundance of possibilities for growth in terms of academics, activities and services. The entire Cal State Fullerton community invites you to take on the intellectual and personal challenges and opportunities that are parts of a university education.

It is important that you review all conditions of your admission to the University for the Fall 2015 term.  You may also receive a Graduate Recommendation form in a follow up email or by regular mail from your Department. If received, it is very important you thoroughly review the information on your Graduate Recommendation form.

Please read this information carefully and observe the deadlines and dates that are mentioned. CSU Fullerton strictly enforces deadlines and may rescind your admission if a required deadline is missed. To view all admission deadlines, please visit the Admission Deadline page at http://www.fullerton.edu/admissions/deadlines/

All Graduate students who intend to enroll at CSU Fullerton must accept their offer of admission and pay a non-refundable $250 enrollment deposit. The deposit will offset a portion of your Registration Fees for the first semester.  You must accept admission and pay your enrollment deposit through your Student Portal, within the Student Center, beginning February 20, 2015.  Under the Admissions area of the Student Center, click on the Application Status link. The Accept/Decline button will be displayed. Click on the Accept/Decline button to accept your admission to CSU Fullerton.  Accepting admission and paying the enrollment deposit are required to confirm your intent to enroll at CSU Fullerton.

It is important you log into your Student Portal at www.fullerton.edu to note any “To Do List” items that are required. Please note that we will communicate with you through your CSUF email address, which can be accessed through your Student Portal. Your portal and email login information was provided to you in your application acknowledgement email.

Again, I am pleased that we are able to offer you a place in your chosen field at Cal State Fullerton for the Fall 2015 semester.  Please know that the Admissions and Records staff wishes you much success, and we look forward to your becoming an important part of the Cal State Fullerton community.

I called the social work office and the lady said that the emails going out are acceptances from csu mentor and not the Department of Social Work. "This is hard to explain but they are acceptances to the university, not the department. We haven't sent any notifications from the department yet as far as I know and those will be sent out both email and/or postal mail."

So those of you with emails may want to call and verify! Please let us know! And hoping for the best for everyone!

well technically, if it lets us accept admission and pay our deposit online and it specifies the department we've been accepted into, they can't really decline us after that. that would be an error on their part, and they'd have to accommodate us. pretty sure that'd be a very straightforward petition if something went wrong.

I agree with you dreamcatcher725, It does give the option to accept admission and pay the $250 on the CSUF portal. It also states the type of program you were accepted to. Although I am extremely happy to have been accepted to the two schools I applied to, I will not be accepting CSUF's offer, so that will open up a spot for someone. Good luck to you all!! :)