CSUF MSW FALL 2015

esp.msw

Is anyone willing to ask if all the spots are filled for the full time program? I've emailed two weeks ago and never got a response. :(

So here's what I got. On May 8th I received a letter stating that I was put on a wait list as, "we have a sufficient number of acceptances to fill our cohorts (Fullerton and msw flex) for the coming year." If someone decides to drop the program, which rarely happens, then I guess they will reconsider me haha. I don't know how true this is considering they have to find a nice way to turn down someone :P you might still have a shot. No news is better than bad news. Best of luck. It's a very nice campus.

So here's what I got. On May 8th I received a letter stating that I was put on a wait list as, "we have a sufficient number of acceptances to fill our cohorts (Fullerton and msw flex) for the coming year." If someone decides to drop the program, which rarely happens, then I guess they will reconsider me haha. I don't know how true this is considering they have to find a nice way to turn down someone :P you might still have a shot. No news is better than bad news. Best of luck. It's a very nice campus.

So sorry to hear that :(

Did yout get the letters via email or snail mail?

I received an email yesterday telling me to call to schedule an interview for the csuf MSW program and I went today. At first I was super nervous but the questions were really basic, at the end of the interview I asked when I would know if I got accepted and he said I was accepted!! Yay! CSUF MSW c/o 2017!

I received an email yesterday telling me to call to schedule an interview for the csuf MSW program and I went today. At first I was super nervous but the questions were really basic, at the end of the interview I asked when I would know if I got accepted and he said I was accepted!! Yay! CSUF MSW c/o 2017!

Sweet! There's still hope!!

I didn't think they were still doing interviews.

congrats!

Pretty sure I'll be receiving a rejection letter. Was offered to have a sit down to review my application. Hurry up and reject me already. I'm ready. Lol

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it'll be through email first. Duan said that they typically don't send out rejections until the cohorts are both filled and finalized.

Duan Tran said there is about 30 people on waiting list and so far they have filled the cap for acceptance. It now depends on if people drop out, but it is June already so don't know how many will now.

Hmm I wonder how long they'll wait until they finalize everything. I also wonder where I am in the waitlist Lol.

Did he tell you where you stand on the list?

I called him this morning, he said I was top 10 on the waiting list, but I don't know what this could mean. I did already had my interview in early May. He said I should have received a mail by now? Anyways, he also said historically, some accepted students do drop out and so some waitlisted souls might still have a shot. Best of luck.

Duan told me that I would hear by June 1. This was 2 weeks ago. Guess what it's June 1st and no news. Even the process to become a US citizen doesn't take this long from start to finish! I know because I help people through that process for work.

Duan told me that I would hear by June 1. This was 2 weeks ago. Guess what it's June 1st and no news. Even the process to become a US citizen doesn't take this long from start to finish! I know because I help people through that process for work.

I hear ya. Personally, I would've liked my rejection letter weeks ago. Especially if they knew I had slim to no chance..why drag it out?

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Should I just withdraw my application since I know I'm already rejected? At least I'll know where I stand then. 

No word yet, incredibly frustrating.

My employer is offering a supervisory position as a case manager and I think it will be great experience, but I can't make any decisions until these schools get back to me!

I don't want to pass this opportunity to move up if I don't get in anywhere, so I emailed Duan about my situation. Hopefully that will prompt an official statement.