Texas schools applicants...

I received my Sfa rejection today. Anyone heard from Abilene?

ACU sent out early acceptances from the department on Monday, but said in the email that the graduate school would be sending out official emails late next week!

TWU has sent their acceptances and waitlist notices. I've heard UNT is sending out notices today.

I recieved the email Wednesday about the  scholarship application, but haven't received an email today about admissions results. Do you know if they sent out every wait list and acceptance letter today?

I'm still waiting to hear back from ACU too!! 

laurakt

-Do you know if ACU gives interviews to all of their accepted applicants? If we didn't receive one, should we be expecting a rejection letter? 

So i'm not an applicant yet, but am interested in some schools in Texas.  Does anyone to applied to Baylor know who the best contact person is?  I've tried two different emails and have received no responses.  Is that typical? Or is it just bad timing since they are probably sifting through applications right now..

I'm just trying to gather information and haven't been successful so far!

Thank you :)

CBG321 I actually tried to contact Baylor a few times before I started applying to schools and no one ever got back to me....I used that as a sign to not apply to that school but I hope you have better luck than me! It seems like a decent program!

CBG321 I actually tried to contact Baylor a few times before I started applying to schools and no one ever got back to me....I used that as a sign to not apply to that school but I hope you have better luck than me! It seems like a decent program!

Dang it!  Thank you, for making me feel less unworthy of their time if it is typical hahaha.  How disappointing!  

I was interested b/c it seems like a really cool program and is accelerated to boot!  I did notice that every Graduate student they feature was a Baylor Undergrad student, or their parents were.  

I was trying to ask them about that but apparently them not replying sends a negative message about the program's responsiveness or interest in students from any other school.  Very disappointed, but I agree I am leaning towards seeing it as a sign that they are not worth applying to if they are already showing disinterest in informing potential applicants.

Thank you!

So i'm not an applicant yet, but am interested in some schools in Texas.  Does anyone to applied to Baylor know who the best contact person is?  I've tried two different emails and have received no responses.  Is that typical? Or is it just bad timing since they are probably sifting through applications right now..

I'm just trying to gather information and haven't been successful so far!

Thank you :)

I've also applied to Baylor! The only person who has responded to me is Kathryn Williams (kathryn_williams@baylor.edu ; (254) 710-2571). The best way for me to contact them was to call the department -- once on the phone, everyone was very nice and helpful. 

I hope we get responses soon! I hold my breath every time I check my email... 

Thank you, 

Kathryn was the first person I sent an email to, in February ahha.  Maybe they are just a department that is more phone reachable?  I guess i'm just used to having more trouble reaching people by phone haha.  Gotta switch modes again!

I'll have to give them a call in the future :)

Edited by CBG321

I've also applied to Baylor! The only person who has responded to me is Kathryn Williams (kathryn_williams@baylor.edu ; (254) 710-2571). The best way for me to contact them was to call the department -- once on the phone, everyone was very nice and helpful.

I hope we get responses soon! I hold my breath every time I check my email...

I'm doing this from my phone, so who knows if this will work. But...I am in Baylor's grad program! I did not go to baylor as an undergrad, I went to UT Austin. Contact Jungjun Park for a tour/questions! Go to baylors CSD page and he will be on the faculty tab! Hope that helps!

Edited by futureslp15

I'm doing this from my phone, so who knows if this will work. But...I am in Baylor's grad program! I did not go to baylor as an undergrad, I went to UT Austin. Contact Jungjun Park for a tour/questions! Go to baylors CSD page and he will be on the faculty tab! Hope that helps!

Thanks for the information!  Are you enjoying their program?  I think he's the 2nd person I emailed, so maybe I just have terrible timing!  Which is very understandable with admissions news happening right now.  I'm glad to hear non-Baylor undergrads have a shot :)

I'm still waiting to hear back from ACU too!!

laurakt

-Do you know if ACU gives interviews to all of their accepted applicants? If we didn't receive one, should we be expecting a rejection letter?

I have no idea- I got the email that said it was an early acceptance, but Dr. Baggs made it seem like there would be more decisions sent out later this week- again not sure if that means just wait list or more acceptances. Sorry! I wish I had more information.... Edited by laurakt

Thanks for the information! Are you enjoying their program? I think he's the 2nd person I emailed, so maybe I just have terrible timing! Which is very understandable with admissions news happening right now. I'm glad to hear non-Baylor undergrads have a shot :)

Yeah, I'm enjoying it for the most part! It's stressful, like any other program, but manageable. Really, only having class for 12 months and then an externship anywhere in the USA for 5 months, is not a bad gig. They also give awesome scholarships, I think it typically covers 50% of tuition.

Also, the faculty is going through a lot of changes right now, we just got a new head of the department, so that could be the delay in some communication! If you call Dr. Park, he would probably talk your ear off and have you come visit! I really do think visiting helped my chances of getting in!

Edited by futureslp15

Yeah, I'm enjoying it for the most part! It's stressful, like any other program, but manageable. Really, only having class for 12 months and then an externship anywhere in the USA for 5 months, is not a bad gig. They also give awesome scholarships, I think it typically covers 50% of tuition.

Also, the faculty is going through a lot of changes right now, we just got a new head of the department, so that could be the delay in some communication! If you call Dr. Park, he would probably talk your ear off and have you come visit! I really do think visiting helped my chances of getting in!

Ahhhh I'm so thrilled to hear you say that about the scholarships!  I was scared about that haha.  Do you attribute the stress to typical Grad school stress or b/c the program is shorter than most?  It sounds like an amazing gig!  I liked the look of their program prior to seeing that, afterwards I am really going to have to get in touch with them b/c I want them to know my name haha.  

Thank you for the advice, especially knowing Dr. Park is friendly encourages me to make that phone call :).  I have a friend in Houston but that is my only Texas connection.  I'll probably be a little bit of a fish out of water but I can handle that for a year in an excellent sounding program!  

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it!

Does anyone know how many TCU accepted vs. how many on the waitlist? I saw a round of acceptances and waitlists sent out last week, but was sent an email today saying I was on the waitlist... Wasn't sure if anyone knew the chances!

I know that TCU typically will end up with a class size of 14 monolingual and around 6 bilingual students. I am not sure how many acceptances/waitlists they send out but I cant imagine it would be too many since the program is so small!

Laurakt- Do you know any other information about the program at TCU? I am waiting to hear back from a few more places but as of now I think I am going to be deciding between TCU and UTD and am trying to find anyone who may have some insight. Thanks and congrats on your waitlist!