Madison La Follette School - Ambiguous Acceptance?

trk

Hi All,

The Madison La Follette file says that my application is "pending," but when I click inside, it says the graduate school has recommended me for admission - is this just another step in the admissions process, or can I start celebrating?  It seems firm but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

I got a similar message "Your program has recommended you for admission" but the Graduate School is still reviewing my file. I know it's not an official acceptance yet, but I am cautiously celebrating. It's great that they keep you so updated, so at least you know what's going on.

Can confirm now, received letter of acceptance in paper form when I came home from work.  Good luck to everyone else who applied!

My University of Minnesota acceptance is the same way.  My application is "Awaiting Program Decision" but I received a call from my adviser a few weeks ago and an award letter last week. If I attend, I need to submit my official transcripts to complete the admissions process.  They do not make you submit official transcripts unless you are accepted, which saves applicants some money. 

You can call the program to verify, but you are likely accepted. Sometime the graduate admissions takes longer to verify the information on you application and your acceptance is pending until your application is verified. 

Edited by WhatAmIDoingNow