Mercy College- Interview

JB677

I was just waitlisted as well

I'm trying to stay positive about it, I saw a few acceptances off the wait list on the forum from the past years, so that's a good sign! Also the girl who I worked with as an advisor throughout the application process told me she was originally wait listed, so hopefully they use it!

I received an email around 8pm saying that I was accepted to the part-time program!!

Congratulations you must be so relieved!! All the hard work paid off!

@abSLP22 I'm curious to know your stats! I did my undergrad there a few years ago but never applied to the grad program. I have a low Gpa (3.3) and I don't know if I have a chance at all with that, but maybe I at least have a chance as a part time student??? I'm so unsure

@abSLP22 I'm curious to know your stats! I did my undergrad there a few years ago but never applied to the grad program. I have a low Gpa (3.3) and I don't know if I have a chance at all with that, but maybe I at least have a chance as a part time student??? I'm so unsure

When I graduated with my undergrad my GPA was a 3.2 but this past year I was able to retake classes at mercy to boost it up a little... I retook 3 classes and got As in all of them so I'm not sure how that factors into my GPA. I think it definitely helped as far as making my application more personal and the professors got to know me as a student!

I applied for the full time track but only got accepted as part time which I am totally fine with!

Maybe look to retake some classes? I really think that helped me!

I'm literally going through the same thing now. I've retaken before while I was in the undergrad program but never reapplied. I was thinking of retaking normal this summer (which I recieved a B+ in the first time around) but not so much for the better grade but more to get back into the program and more familiar with the professors. I didn't know if it would be ridiculous of me to spend a few grand just to show my face again but it seemed to work for you so I think I'm going to give it a shot. Your post really helped me in making the decision. I'm currently in the special Ed masters program there but I can't stop thinking about speech. It's nice to talk to someone on here that's also from Mercy. Did u happen to get accepted anywhere else? Sorry for the overload of questions ! Lol

I'm literally going through the same thing now. I've retaken before while I was in the undergrad program but never reapplied. I was thinking of retaking normal this summer (which I recieved a B+ in the first time around) but not so much for the better grade but more to get back into the program and more familiar with the professors. I didn't know if it would be ridiculous of me to spend a few grand just to show my face again but it seemed to work for you so I think I'm going to give it a shot. Your post really helped me in making the decision. I'm currently in the special Ed masters program there but I can't stop thinking about speech. It's nice to talk to someone on here that's also from Mercy. Did u happen to get accepted anywhere else? Sorry for the overload of questions ! Lol

I totally understand... Last semester I retook Intro: Comm Disorders which at I had gotten a B+ in at my old school, and then this semester I am taking Language Disorders and Language Science because my school didn't have these classes or different versions of them. My main goal was really to get to know some professors and the program at Mercy, and then also be able to show other schools that I am committed to sticking with speech. I actually work part time at Mercy in the athletics department so I was able to get some of the credits paid for which was a main reason I was able to retake classes, so I totally understand the money part. But I really think it helped me! I haven't gotten accepted anywhere else yet, but waitlisted at 5 other schools. Special Ed was my back up plan as well, but if your heart is in speech I think you should keep trying!! :)

Thanks for all of the useful information! I registered for the summer course and thinking about retaking intro also. Maybe we will cross paths one day @ Mercy! Congrats on your acceptance you deserve it! Good luck with everything :)

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

slp1993

has anyone on the waitlist heard any new info?

Hey! I just got accepted off the wait-list from Mercy yesterday!! Still undecided to go there or Molloy :/

I dont know which is a better program. Anyone know or have any advice? 

Edited by Lezz