UNC Chapel Hill Decision?

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while, but a first time poster. So, I applied to the Ph.D program at UNC Chapel Hill and have yet to receive any notification. According to the results page some people have received their admission status for this program. What do you think my best course of action is? Wait it out? Call the admissions department? Does this mean I am out of luck? (and yes, I know it is very competitive, I am just curious)

I know at least for the Biology umbrella program they accept people periodically (not all at once). There are about 6 interview weekends for us so they want to give everyone a fair chance. I'm not sure how it works for English but maybe email somebody and ask. 

To my knowledge, I don't think they do interviews for the English department. At least, no one on the results page said anything about it. I thought about emailing, but I don't want to nag at them. I have already been in contact with them about changing my recommendation reading rights around. 

To my knowledge, I don't think they do interviews for the English department. At least, no one on the results page said anything about it. I thought about emailing, but I don't want to nag at them. I have already been in contact with them about changing my recommendation reading rights around. 

I think it's a fair question to ask though. They understand how stressful this entire process is so they should not feel "nagged" by you asking when you should expect to hear from them. 

I'm in the same boat; in the absence of any particular reason for needing to know, I figured I'd just wait. But I also don't think it affects your chances of any particular outcome to ask, though.

Well good luck. It is just driving me up the wall as UNC is my first choice.

I'm a current PhD student at Chapel Hill and, unfortunately, it seems to me that all acceptances and waitlists have been sent out. Sorry to spread the bad news -- UNC is a great place to be, and I wish all worthy candidates could be accepted here!  

I'm a current PhD student at Chapel Hill and, unfortunately, it seems to me that all acceptances and waitlists have been sent out. Sorry to spread the bad news -- UNC is a great place to be, and I wish all worthy candidates could be accepted here!