New York/New Jersey Schools Fall 2015

Hey Everyone,

I know that there are a lot of applicants applying to schools in the NY and NJ area so I thought I would start this forum for us to track progress, questions, and such for these schools. I am applying to 6 schools in the area and have yet to hear anything, but I know some people have started getting interviews for Brooklyn college. 

Best of luck to everyone applying

Below is a list of schools I applied to in the area and outside the area. I still haven't heard ANYTHING.

Applied to: University of South Florida, William Patterson, New York Medical College, The College of Saint Rose, Long Island University-Post, Duquesne University, Edinboro University, Temple University, LaSalle University, University of Houston, University of Texas-El Paso, Radford University, Longwood University, Old Dominion University, Southern CT State University

Awaiting on 16 schools for Summer/Fall Admission

I applied to Kean University, Montclair State University, Richard Stockton, Hunter College ,Brooklyn College, and Queens College

I also have yet to hear anything except that my application has been forwarded to the department and all that blah blah blah stuff.

Anyone applied to NYU?

I applied to NYU and have yet to hear from them besides the email confirmation that my application was submitted. It doesn't even look like there is an area on the site for us to check application status. 

I was denied from Lehman for the third time. I am beginning to feel they are biased. I took my prerequisites there and I can not tell what I experienced as a minority. I did have an interview with a while back and I was the only black woman that was interviewed. Go figure... 

Edited by Arcanelady27

I was denied from Lehman for the third time. I am beginning to feel they are biased. I took my prerequisites there and I can not tell what I experienced as a minority. I did have an interview with a while back and I was the only black woman that was interviewed. Go figure... 

I am so sorry Arcanelady. The right school will find you! Don't lose hope and pray :)

I applied to Monmouth University and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I heard it would be around the second week of March!

The email they sent about five weeks ago said "two to three weeks" hopefully it's not all the way until March! I'm going crazy

Edited by hopefulNJSLP

I applied to Monmouth University and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I heard it would be around the second week of March! 

Hey, I am also waiting to here from Monmouth, and was wondering how you heard this? getting so impatient waiting! haha when you look at the application status it says typically 2-3 weeks, but i am assuming this is for programs that dont wait til a due date to look at their applicant pool. Thanks!

I just got an acceptance letter to St. John's University!

Undergrad GPA: 3.7 Post-Bacc GPA: 4.0 GRE: Q:148 V:154 AW:4 

Applied to: Columbia University, St. John's University, Iona College, Mercy College, Montclair State University, Hunter College, Queens College, New York Medical College, Adelphi University

Accepted: 1/9 St. John's Univiersity

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

Above poster when did you apply to St. John's? Does anyone know if they send them out in waves? I haven't heard a peep from them or Temple.

Unfortunately you're not going to hear much from Temple as of yet. They made a point of being rude in my attempts of correspondence. Anything from attitude to just hanging up on me. Heard the same from other people applying. Just hang tight, they will get around to it :)

I have applications out at many schools. All the CUNYs, NYU, TC, Mercy, LIU Brooklyn... That's about it, I think. 

Interviews next week with Lehman and this week with Mercy - does anyone know what questions are asked there? Please let me know! Thanks.

I have applications out at many schools. All the CUNYs, NYU, TC, Mercy, LIU Brooklyn... That's about it, I think. 

Interviews next week with Lehman and this week with Mercy - does anyone know what questions are asked there? Please let me know! Thanks.

with Lehman, know the five components of language

know the difference between a language disorder and speech disorder and give examples

with Lehman, know the five components of language

know the difference between a language disorder and speech disorder and give examples

Excellent, thanks for the tips.

What about QC? Just got an interview request there. Anyone know what theirs is like?

How many people does QC interview?

No idea... they have a lot of people applying, so they can probably interview a whole ton and just pick out the four or five they like. 

Also, do these schools do writing in the interview? I heard Lehman doesn't anymore, but I don't know anything about the others...

Edited by aseymourk