New York/New Jersey Schools Fall 2015

I saw a few people today got rejection e-mails from William Paterson, is it safe to assume if you didn't get the first round of acceptances, nor these rejections that you've been put on a waiting list? Anyone else not heard? I haven't heard from Seton Hall or Kean either. 

I don't know how true it is, but I heard that in the past William Paterson sent out acceptances in waves. I received my acceptance about 2 weeks ago and a deposit is due on April 15, if they are doing waves I would assume that the next round of waves would hear after April 15. I cant say anything for Seton Hall as I did not apply, but I heard back from Kean well over a month ago and deposits were due before I even heard back from any of my other schools. 

Give Kean admissions a call and ask for Brenda - she has been EXTREMELY helpful to me throughout this process and I assume she can tell you if there are still some decisions that have not been sent. Also, the address they sent my response to was slightly different then what I put on my application - if they made this mistake to others it is possible some letters have not been delivered. 

Good luck!

STILL waiting from St. Johns. I sent my application back in December. Has anyone been in touch with them and know when we should expect to hear by?

You may want to call because I heard back from them March 9th and I know the deadline for accepted students is next week. I sent my application in like a day or 2 before it was due. 

Could be a rumor because someone told me that but you never know. Congrats on getting into Hunter!! I heard they have an amazing program. Do you know anything about Columbia's program?

What makes Hunter an amazing program? I never hear any specifics about it, but heard a lot of pros on NYU despite the price tag.

I've heard Columbia has a great program, research and multicultural/bilingual oriented :) and great trips abroad to Ghana and Bolivia to volunteer. Congrats!!!:)

I saw a few people today got rejection e-mails from William Paterson, is it safe to assume if you didn't get the first round of acceptances, nor these rejections that you've been put on a waiting list? Anyone else not heard? I haven't heard from Seton Hall or Kean either. 

I haven't heard anything from Willy P yet. I received an acceptance from Kean at the end of March. They sent out some rejections already, so I'm thinking they are keeping an interim wait list. If you haven't heard from them, you're probably on it. I know that I was required to secure my position by April 10th, so I'm assuming they will send out a few more acceptances after that based on how many people declined their spots. Perhaps Willy P is doing the same thing. 

What makes Hunter an amazing program? I never hear any specifics about it, but heard a lot of pros on NYU despite the price tag.

I've heard Columbia has a great program, research and multicultural/bilingual oriented :) and great trips abroad to Ghana and Bolivia to volunteer. Congrats!!! :)

Thanks for the info!! I just know it has a really good reputation in the field (from professors etc.) 

Is anyone still waiting to hear from Molloy? I had an interview the begining of March and have still not heard anything from them.

Hi Molloy is actually still interviewing, I have my interview with them on Monday. Any advice? What kinds of questions did she ask? Thank you!!

Anyone have any more info on Columbia's program? I've been trying to get in contact with a current student but haven't had much luck. Online I read that the program is usually 5 semesters (if you come in with a CSD bachelors) but on another forum someone said 6+ semesters? Any information would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted to LIU-Post and I will most likely be accepting my offer. I live in California and I am still waiting to hear back from CSUN, but if I do not get in there I will be accepting the offer from LIU. I am excited to move across the country, but since I have only been to New York once I am unaware of where a good place to live is. I have looked at rentals around the school a little bit on Zillow, but they are very expensive. I was wondering if I would be crazy to live in Queens or Brooklyn and commute. I just wanted to get a head start, so I can start planning. I am hoping to start a Facebook page or join one as soon as I 100% commit to LIU-post, so I can find out where people tend to live that go to LIU. 

Congrats! I'll be attending LIU Post in the fall also. I am from NYC and plan on commuting the first semester. LIU is located in a pretty nice area, but you will def need a car. It's hard to get around on LI without one. I will likely have a 45 min drive from where I live now. Looking forward to meeting you, let me know when you commit and if you've started an FB group!

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Sorry I'm posting this anywhere that may be relevant in hopes that someone may have some insight.... With it being May already and still having 3 schools left to hear anything from is making me anxious..

I'm wondering if any of you have had contact with Touro, Seton Hall, or Molloy?

I still have not heard anything from them--other than an e-mail in late March from Touro explaining that they were starting the reviewing process based on rolling admissions to fill 50 seats.

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on for people who have not heard from Seton Hall or Molloy--does Molloy just not send out rejections? I didn't get an interview so I'm assuming it's a rejection for me. As for Seton Hall, all I've heard is that they are still reviewing....but I would think those of us who have not heard  should have at least gotten a rejection or wait list by now...

Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks!   :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Sorry I'm posting this anywhere that may be relevant in hopes that someone may have some insight.... With it being May already and still having 3 schools left to hear anything from is making me anxious..

I'm wondering if any of you have had contact with Touro, Seton Hall, or Molloy?

I still have not heard anything from them--other than an e-mail in late March from Touro explaining that they were starting the reviewing process based on rolling admissions to fill 50 seats.

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on for people who have not heard from Seton Hall or Molloy--does Molloy just not send out rejections? I didn't get an interview so I'm assuming it's a rejection for me. As for Seton Hall, all I've heard is that they are still reviewing....but I would think those of us who have not heard  should have at least gotten a rejection or wait list by now...

Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks!   :)

Have you heard from Touro? I see this is from two weeks ago. I was accepted a while ago. Some people were asked to interview. The deadline to accept has passed, so I'm sure the waitlist is going now. I know people who aren't sure if they should go there or elsewhere, so they have deposits for both schools. So there is definitely hope! You can get in as late as the start of semester! best of luck to you!!

Thanks for the reply! I actually found out 2 days ago I was put on a "selective wait list" so I'm hoping for the best!

Anyone know what they mean by selective?

They said its ranked but they don't publicize the rankings

Hi everyone,

I am going to start grad school at Adelphi Manhattan center this Fall. I currently live in Elmsford NY in the Avalon Green apartments. My current roommate is moving out mid July and I am looking for someone new to move in! I live in spacious 2 bedroom 2 bathroom, with a full kitchen, living room, loft, patio and a fireplace. You would have your own bedroom (which would need to be furnished) and private bathroom. Everything else would be furnished in the apartment! The apartment complex has a gym and 2 pools as well as a big grill area. If you are interested please let me know and we can talk more in detail!

Thank you :)

Britney 

I was accepted to LIU-Post and I will most likely be accepting my offer. I live in California and I am still waiting to hear back from CSUN, but if I do not get in there I will be accepting the offer from LIU. I am excited to move across the country, but since I have only been to New York once I am unaware of where a good place to live is. I have looked at rentals around the school a little bit on Zillow, but they are very expensive. I was wondering if I would be crazy to live in Queens or Brooklyn and commute. I just wanted to get a head start, so I can start planning. I am hoping to start a Facebook page or join one as soon as I 100% commit to LIU-post, so I can find out where people tend to live that go to LIU. 

hey ill be attending LIU!  I am just seeing your post now, if you accepted your offer and are looking for a roommate let me know!  I am looking to move nearby the campus 

• 8 months later...
On February 24, 2015 at 9:21 PM, slpwest said:

I just got an acceptance letter to St. John's University!

Undergrad GPA: 3.7 Post-Bacc GPA: 4.0 GRE: Q:148 V:154 AW:4 

Applied to: Columbia University, St. John's University, Iona College, Mercy College, Montclair State University, Hunter College, Queens College, New York Medical College, Adelphi University

Accepted: 1/9 St. John's Univiersity

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

did they email you?