Radford University

I applied,  but did not receive the letter.  I am going to double check my email, but it will be interesting to see if not receiving the letter is a predictor of not being accepted.  I did apply at the last minute as this is a safety school for me. 

For people who did receive the letter--when did you apply?

I submitted my CSDCAS portion on December 15th and the supplemental app on December 23rd. I received an email that my supplemental application and fee were received on January 15th and another email stating that my application was under review on February 2nd. Hope this helps!

I applied, but did not receive the letter. I am going to double check my email, but it will be interesting to see if not receiving the letter is a predictor of not being accepted. I did apply at the last minute as this is a safety school for me.

For people who did receive the letter--when did you apply?

Yes double check that would be an interesting assumption. Also I responded the day the email was sent expressing that I will attend and the associate professor emailed me personally back in less than an hour saying she was excited to meet me and was glad I would be attending. I noticed from last years acceptances and denials that they were sent out mid to late March. It's weird to be invited to an open house AFTER all the decisions are made. Hoping for a good sign for once.

Just got an email about funding opportunities today and how it works - anyone else?

No? When did you get it? Were you already accepted?

Edited by koukla19

@Koukla19 No I wasn't - I got it this afternoon. It was saying basically that a) there is no extra application to receive a scholarship or funding, you are automatically considered if you applied to Radford b ) it will say if you get an assistantship/scholarship in the decision letter and c) that they look forward to reviewing my application

Edited by mimblewimble

Thank you to everyone who posted additional info.  I think I made a major goof when I submitted my application.  It was a last-minute decision, and easy to add to my application list since the process is through CSDCAS.  However, when gathering all the application info, it seems I misunderstood the process.  I thought they stated for speech-language pathology students the only requirements were to submit the application through CSDCAS, with no supplemental application.  It looks like I didn't get the email because I didn't submit a valid application. 

I also received the open house email and 2 emails about the Scottish Rite Fellowship, but not the other funding email - not sure why!

Did those of you who got the funding email also get the Scottish Rite Fellowship email(s)?

I spoke to the professor in charge of this scholarship thing, she said it was separate from admissions. So I'm assuming hearing from them is irrelevant. Unless she refused to tell me. In my mind it makes sense that they wouldn't send that out to everyone...why would you want to go through an application for a scholarship or fellowship if you don't plan on accepting them.  I did notice the Scottish one is for only Virginia residents though. Could be why you didn't hear anything. I didn't get a plain funding opportunities email like mimblewimble though...I didn't think about the open house not being until April 3rd until you mentioned it was way after we hear from them. I RSVPd without thinking about it. That's awkward.

I'm not a VA resident, so I'm thinking both of these emails were just generic and have no meaning behind them. While oddly timed, I think it shows that they want to stay in communication with us as we go through the process, which it is nice to hear something, you know? ^_^

I spoke to the professor in charge of this scholarship thing, she said it was separate from admissions. So I'm assuming hearing from them is irrelevant. Unless she refused to tell me. In my mind it makes sense that they wouldn't send that out to everyone...why would you want to go through an application for a scholarship or fellowship if you don't plan on accepting them.  I did notice the Scottish one is for only Virginia residents though. Could be why you didn't hear anything. I didn't get a plain funding opportunities email like mimblewimble though...I didn't think about the open house not being until April 3rd until you mentioned it was way after we hear from them. I RSVPd without thinking about it. That's awkward.

Did anyone respond to your RSVP? If so what did they say?

Haha I don't think I will be attending this open house if I get denied and neither will a bunch of other people so hopefully they understand that? But then again maybe the ones that did receive the invite are already considered for the program? Ugh I hate assuming.

Assuming makes me nauseous! No response for the RSVP, which is odd because I've received responses from other schools. Maybe it's just how they do it there. It's a little annoying because convenience wise, Radford would be my top choice (I'm already in the area). 

Assuming makes me nauseous! No response for the RSVP, which is odd because I've received responses from other schools. Maybe it's just how they do it there. It's a little annoying because convenience wise, Radford would be my top choice (I'm already in the area). 

Definetly lots of inconsistencies!