Radford University

I like it a lot, but it's definetely a change of pace from cities. I did undergrad at Tech, so while I haven't been in the Radford area often, the area as a whole is a small town vibe. You've got your major chains and some nice local restaurants, but nothing spectacular. If you need something nice to wear or want a real shopping experience, you have to drive 2 or 3 hours.

Did anyone else get a random email from Redford yesterday saying your application was under review and to set up an account with an ID # they gave you?

I received that same email around January 15th

I received that same email around January 15th

I received it yesterday. First it didn't have a number included in the email to help me activate. I called them back right after and a few hours later they sent the same email with a code. The code doesn't even work. Lol the saga continues

That happened to me too! I sent that in like 2 months ago and its just now going thru. Then I didn't even have a code and I had to email them and be like hey so the number is missing. I finally did get it to work, but I was like this doesn't seem like a good sign. 

That happened to me too! I sent that in like 2 months ago and its just now going thru. Then I didn't even have a code and I had to email them and be like hey so the number is missing. I finally did get it to work, but I was like this doesn't seem like a good sign. 

I wouldn't say that's a bad sign. Just talked to admissions and they said that if you received the email stating that your supplemental app and fees were received before February 1st you're good. Breathe everyone, everything is gonna be okay :)

Well, interestingly enough, I received an email yesterday from Radford with an extended opportunity to submit my supplemental application and fee.  The email mentioned it was past the deadline for the supplemental application, but provided a link with an extended deadline of March 7th.  I didn't request this.

I had assumed I had messed up my application to Radford and didn't even think I would be considered.  When I was applying, I really thought the wording on their application page stated NOT to do the second application and listed under the requirements were only the CSDCAS. 

Looks like I'm back in the loop.

Well, interestingly enough, I received an email yesterday from Radford with an extended opportunity to submit my supplemental application and fee.  The email mentioned it was past the deadline for the supplemental application, but provided a link with an extended deadline of March 7th.  I didn't request this.

I had assumed I had messed up my application to Radford and didn't even think I would be considered.  When I was applying, I really thought the wording on their application page stated NOT to do the second application and listed under the requirements were only the CSDCAS. 

Looks like I'm back in the loop.

Oh wow that is odd! Do you think they didn't get many applications this year? Why else would they extend it past a month?

Oh wow that is odd! Do you think they didn't get many applications this year? Why else would they extend it past a month?

I have no idea, but I was very surprised.  I do remember thinking the directions were confusing/misleading, but obviously everyone else understood them just fine, lol. My CSDCAS application was completed on time. I am wondering if there were others that were also confused about the supplemental app. and thought they were not supposed to submit a supplemental application.  Maybe somebody emailed the department about it or maybe there were enough people with the same error so they decided to extend it to those of us who only submitted our CSDCAS. 

The email was addressed to me directly, not to a generic group.  It 'strongly urged' me to take advantage of their offer to extend the supplemental app deadline as they were planning on sending out notifications soon. 

I'm mostly surprised because I never asked them to extend it. 

I have no idea, but I was very surprised.  I do remember thinking the directions were confusing/misleading, but obviously everyone else understood them just fine, lol. My CSDCAS application was completed on time. I am wondering if there were others that were also confused about the supplemental app. and thought they were not supposed to submit a supplemental application.  Maybe somebody emailed the department about it or maybe there were enough people with the same error so they decided to extend it to those of us who only submitted our CSDCAS. 

The email was addressed to me directly, not to a generic group.  It 'strongly urged' me to take advantage of their offer to extend the supplemental app deadline as they were planning on sending out notifications soon. 

I'm mostly surprised because I never asked them to extend it. 

Sounds like a great sign for you! Especially if they said that they "strongly advise" you to submit it!

Sounds like a great sign for you! Especially if they said that they "strongly advise" you to submit it!

I'm wondering if I'm just one in a group of many that made this goof and they are so graciously 'strongly advising' us to rectify the situation, lol.

Did anyone receive this email today?

"Thank you once again for your application to Radford University's Speech-Language Pathology Program! The necessary components of your application are being forwarded to the RU Communication Sciences and Disorders Graduate Admissions Committee for review. Once the review is complete, you will be notified whether you will be extended an offer of admission for a position in the next incoming class."

What strikes me odd is that i turned in all materials before the due date. Why is it under review now?

I got it yesterday. They don't go through them until time for review, so it's just letting us know that they are looking at them now. They're trying to get the first round out this week...basically they just want us to know we're being picked apart now. I've realized grad schools don't really follow the steps one would think are common sense...they just do their own thing.

I got it yesterday. They don't go through them until time for review, so it's just letting us know that they are looking at them now. They're trying to get the first round out this week...basically they just want us to know we're being picked apart now. I've realized grad schools don't really follow the steps one would think are common sense...they just do their own thing.

Lol I like that.."picking us apart"

sounds like this process is more like surviving the hunger games... :P

Im just seeing this thread now and freaking out because Redford is my #1 pick! I never received the email about being reviewed, and I never received and email with a login name and number. However, I did receive the email about assistantships/GA in late Feb, and I received the email about the open house (which I RSVP to and got a response). Do you think this is a need for concern as it seems they have my application or I wouldn't be receiving those other emails. I was thinking about calling tomorrow and asking about the login ID at the very least? 

Im just seeing this thread now and freaking out because Redford is my #1 pick! I never received the email about being reviewed, and I never received and email with a login name and number. However, I did receive the email about assistantships/GA in late Feb, and I received the email about the open house (which I RSVP to and got a response). Do you think this is a need for concern as it seems they have my application or I wouldn't be receiving those other emails. I was thinking about calling tomorrow and asking about the login ID at the very least? 

I think you're okay but it doesn't hurt to follow up and ask about the login ID. Try to remain calm I'm sure its nothing major but I would call or email them about the login ID or maybe you will hear by the end of the week! When did you submit your application?

Edited by oneshot35

I think you're okay but it doesn't hurt to follow up and ask about the login ID. Try to remain calm I'm sure its nothing major but I would call or email them about the login ID or maybe you will hear by the end of the week! When did you submit your application?

I think I will call tomorrow, just to be safe. And I submitted everything before the new year!

I just heard back today! Accepted through email :)

Congrats!!!! I heard the email said this is the first round of acceptance so Im praying I get one in the near future, safe to say Ive gone into panic mode this afternoon.

Just received an acceptance at 5:58pm!! Very excited, however no mention of funding which is a huge factor for me so I'll have to wait and see if I receive anything from here or anywhere else. Stay positive everyone I definitely wasn't expecting this today!! 

Just got off the phone with admissions. If you didn't receive any correspondence by now, you weren't considered in the first wave. There will be a second wave the week of March 16th. They sent out 90 acceptances and are expecting at least 65 to deny. Don't get discouraged gang, there's still hope!

Edited by koukla19