Erasmus Mundus International Masters in Russian, Central & East European Studies (IMRCEES) - University of Glasgow

awrochon

Hi everybody! I'm new here, I found this page while I was desperately looking for news on IMRCEES scholarships!

My name is Valentina, I'm from Italy. My academic background is in Modern Languages (Russian, English), curriculum International Politics; my main interests concern Soviet and Post-Soviet Russia, its foreign policy, and Russian perception of the West since 1991. My final thesis for the Uni of Venice was on Russian perception of NATO expansion eastwards, and it was written during my semester in Russia at the University of Tula.

Anyway, about the scholarship... I got the email and I'm on reserve list too. What are you going to do now? Just hope and pray someone withdraws his application, like me? :) x

Edited by Valja

Hey everyone! I was nominated by the consortium I was in the main list for external window countries. I guess I have to wait the response from the Agency right? Im so nervous!!

Hi all,

I applied to both IMRCEES and MAPP. I received notice that my scholarship from MAPP needs to be accepted by the European Commission. For IMRCEES, I'm waitlisted, but as this is my second choice, I'll likely decline being on the waitlist.

I asked the coordinator through Erasmus Mundus MAPP if the check by the European Commission is just a formality and here is what she sent me: 

"Dear Ali,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It is a formality that the European Commission checks our list of selected students. So far they have not declined any scholarships this way, but of course, we cannot guarantee their decision in advance.

Best wishes,

Heni"

Hope that helps to answer some questions about the process!

Hi sonita! Congratulations on receiving the window scholarship nomination (I also got it so maybe we will study together). However, as far as I know, regional window scholarships are limited in number, so the final result will depend on another selection round. They are different from the mainlist since mainlisted means that you've already received a pre-allocated scholarship. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Last Friday I was told I was moved up from the waiting list and had received the scholarship (or at least a recommendation to the European Commission for it). I need to tell them by March 31, if I accept or not.

Since I have to decide between Mundus MAPP and this program, I asked the coordinator for more info. If this is simply a formality, I will let one of the schools know that I'm declining my application. However, if there is a chance that I could not get the scholarship, even after being given unofficial confirmation, I might hold onto both nominations.

I'll let you know here once I accept or reject the offer!! 

Hope everyone isn't stressing too much, waiting to hear from different programs!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 17.02.2016 at 4:47 PM, Vanjecka said:

Hi everyone,

is there anybody who is anxiously waiting results of the latest scholarship competition (December 2015)?

I hope that you don't mind me restarting this group :) 

Hello! I am waiting results of IMRCEES! Do you have any news?   

17 minutes ago, Yerkebulan said:
3 minutes ago, Yerkebulan said:

Wow! How do you get to know that in 2 weeks gonna be something? :)

I guessed it by reading posts of guys who applied last year :) 

What are you studying? Currently, I am completing MA in History and Russian language & literature

On 18.02.2016 at 11:35 PM, Vanjecka said:

I guessed it by reading posts of guys who applied last year :) 

What are you studying? Currently, I am completing MA in History and Russian language & literature

Sorry for late answer! I graduated BSc in Marketing last year, now I am working as a economist. Cool! You would have 2 masters! Nice! :);) 

On 21.02.2016. at 8:37 AM, Yerkebulan said:

Sorry for late answer! I graduated BSc in Marketing last year, now I am working as a economist. Cool! You would have 2 masters! Nice! :);) 

No problem :) Yeah, I guess :)

I will send you a message as soon as I get any news about the grant. If we are lucky they will contact us next week

On 22.02.2016 at 3:35 PM, Vanjecka said:

No problem :) Yeah, I guess :)

I will send you a message as soon as I get any news about the grant. If we are lucky they will contact us next week

Hello! I hope we are lucky! 

Just now, Vanjecka said:

Hi,

any news?

Hi! Unfortunately, no news for now. By the way, how did you know that they will inform us this week? Did you asked them? I am so interested and I am waiting every day the results :);)