Erasmus Mundus Masters in Public Policy (MAPP) - Central European University (CEU)

awrochon

Hi,

Greetings from India.

I have been accepted for the ISS-York track. I am a lawyer and I graduated from National Law School, Bangalore in 2012. I had a few questions about the NFP scholarship form. Please ping me if you know anyone who has received this scholarship before. I need clarifications about the application.

Thanks.

D.

Hi Laura! I haven't received an email yet! I'll post on the forum when I do!

Hi guys, any news for you? I am still waiting for the mail to arrive.

Hi guys, any news for you? I am still waiting for the mail to arrive.

I haven't gotten an email yet! If I got actual mail, I assume it would arrive quite late as I'm located in Canada.

Hopefully we hear soon!

Hi All,

I also got admitted for the ISS-York track on a self-financing basis. Does anyone know how much it is that the self-financing students will pay for the entire period? Also, who knows of any other funding sources apart from the Mundus scholarship and the NFP scholarship?

Hi All,

I also got admitted for the ISS-York track on a self-financing basis. Does anyone know how much it is that the self-financing students will pay for the entire period? Also, who knows of any other funding sources apart from the Mundus scholarship and the NFP scholarship?

Hi Gatuha,

You can find the tuition fees here: http://www.mundusmapp.org/prospective-students/tuition-fees

For just tuition (not including living costs or flights, etc.) the price is € 11,000 per academic year (€ 22,000 for the whole programme).

For other funding sources, I found this for ISS: 

Netherlands Fellowship Programme & Mena Scholarship Programme:  -- http://www.iss.nl/pr...ships/nfp_msp/�

-- http://www.nuffic.nl...hip-programmes�

Hope that helps!

I know this topic is not directly related to CEU SSP, but since we are on topic, I was wondering if anyone could provide any insight on the school? I am an American and visited the school when I was a semi-finalist for a global debate and public policy challenge. 

I am interested because of its location and the large amount of scholarships/fellowships they offer.

Hi everyone! 

A BIG congratulations to everyone who got accepted....I was accepted as well but alas! on a self financing basis...I had opted for the CEU-IBEI track...I would be really grateful if somebody could point me towards some alternative funding or scholarship sources for this track...(NFP not applicable for me!)... Thanks a ton and good luck to all...

Hola hola!

I'm Laura, American but living in Yangon at the moment and studied at McGill University in Montreal. Was just accepted into the program for the ISS-IBEI track, but under "self-funding". Hope the waitlist works out for me! Still waiting to hear back from one other Masters program I've applied to, so we shall see how things work out. This is still pretty exciting though!

Hope to see you all soon, will keep everyone updated if I learn anything more about waitlists, funding, scholarships, etc.

Laura

Hola hola!

I'm Laura, American but living in Yangon at the moment and studied at McGill University in Montreal.

Small world. Studied at Mcgill and now living in Mae Sot on the Burma border.

Anyways, congrats to everyone who got in. I'm in the same boat here, accepted, self-financed. Looks as though LCooperHall filled the Canadian quota for funding, congrats! (also small world I'm from Vancouver originally)

Just got this on an e-mail

In addition, the Mundus MAPP Consortium awards you the following financial aid package:

1.    A 50% tuition waiver for your first academic year to be spent at CEU
2.    A 50% tuition waiver for your second academic year to be spent at York

Hey how are you? I just received an email my name was sent to te agency for 2 erasmus mundus programs! One of them is IMRCESS...Im very nervous, I hope I can receive confirmarion!!!

Hi all! Did anyone hear about their admission/scholarship status?

I received notice yesterday that I got the Erasmus Mundus scholarship. I'm doing the CEU-IBEI mobility track (Global Public Policy). This is my first choice school, but I'm also waiting to hear from the Erasmus Mundus IMRCEES programme.

Good luck everyone!

thank you MrCatuti, but i still dont know if i am certain of scholarship because they need a confirmation from European Commission. I accepted both offers at the moment (because of the same thing) because I still need the final approval from the EACEA, and if granted, I will choose one course. So I am not sure if I it is gonna happen, depends of funding I think! Im so nervous  :(

Do you think it is very likely that the EACEA accepts main list students? I need guidance !

Edited by sonita

Hi all,

I applied to both IMRCEES and MAPP. I received notice that my scholarship from MAPP needs to be accepted by the European Commission. For IMRCEES, I'm waitlisted, but as this is my second choice, I'll likely decline being on the waitlist.

I asked the coordinator through MAPP if the check by the European Commission is just a formality and here is what she sent me: 

"Dear Ali,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It is a formality that the European Commission checks our list of selected students. So far they have not declined any scholarships this way, but of course, we cannot guarantee their decision in advance.

Best wishes,

Heni"

Hope that helps to answer some questions about the process!

Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone received the formal admission package?

I replied to the email indicating that I would accept the offer of admission, but haven't heard back from the office yet.

Also, I'm still not sure whether to participate in the program without the scholarship, so insights on the quality/reputation of the program is appreciated!

Has anyone received confirmation for sending acceptance/refusal of the offer? Thanks

Hi! I sent an email to MAPP saying I intended to accept (once they officially offer it from the European Commission..) and asked whether the approval of the European Commission is just a formality and Heni (the coordinator) replied with this:

"Dear Ali,

It is a formality that the European Commission checks our list of selected students. So far they have not declined any scholarships this way, but of course, we cannot guarantee their decision in advance.

Best wishes,

Heni"

I assume since I received an email back, this confirms that I accepted the offer..

Did you email them back saying you accepted their offer (and they haven't replied yet)?

Hi! I sent an email to MAPP saying I intended to accept (once they officially offer it from the European Commission..) and asked whether the approval of the European Commission is just a formality and Heni (the coordinator) replied with this:

"Dear Ali,

Best wishes,

Heni"

I assume since I received an email back, this confirms that I accepted the offer..

Did you email them back saying you accepted their offer (and they haven't replied yet)?

Thanks for the answer! Yeah, they came back to me that actually they can offer CEU Full Fellowship in the first year and 50% tuition fee waiver for the second. They have also told me that I they don't hear from me by 31st of March they will pass the scholarship offers to the next on the waitlist. Confirmed my intention to accept the offer, but still haven't received any confirmation from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answer! Yeah, they came back to me that actually they can offer CEU Full Fellowship in the first year and 50% tuition fee waiver for the second. They have also told me that I they don't hear from me by 31st of March they will pass the scholarship offers to the next on the waitlist. Confirmed my intention to accept the offer, but still haven't received any confirmation from them.

Congrats!!!

On another note...I have a question for you or for everyone else! I'm a little nervous on waiting for the official acceptance. I want to decline my other grad school offer, but I also want to wait for confirmation from the European Commission.

Have you (any of you!) had to respond to other grad school offers (in particular, Erasmus Mundus ones?). I want to decline one of my other offers so that another student can be bumped up from the wait list, but I also want to ensure I (for sure!!) have a spot at MAPP.

Feeling confused and paranoid,

Ali :P

Congrats!!!

On another note...I have a question for you or for everyone else! I'm a little nervous on waiting for the official acceptance. I want to decline my other grad school offer, but I also want to wait for confirmation from the European Commission.

Have you (any of you!) had to respond to other grad school offers (in particular, Erasmus Mundus ones?). I want to decline one of my other offers so that another student can be bumped up from the wait list, but I also want to ensure I (for sure!!) have a spot at MAPP.

Feeling confused and paranoid,

Ali :P

I'm right there with you, but with one of my Erasmus offers, I actually asked for some extra time to get back to them so I can hear back from my first choice - a different Erasmus program. They said yes, so I figured that in the event the commission bumps me to the wait list for choice #1, I've got a plan B and I would be thrilled if someone eventually declined for a similar reason. We're all in a state of anxious email refreshing, but some folks get to relax sooner than others I guess. I am NOT in the relaxing group right now....

I accepted other offers to UK universities weeks ago, but they let me know it would be okay to accept so I could meet the deadline and withdraw if I needed to.

Hope this helps!

Edited by dezbean

I'm right there with you, but with one of my Erasmus offers, I actually asked for some extra time to get back to them so I can hear back from my first choice - a different Erasmus program. I figured that in the event the commission bumps me to the wait list for choice #1, I would be thrilled if someone eventually declined for a similar reason. We're all in a state of anxious email refreshing, but some folks get to relax sooner than others I guess. I am NOT in the relaxing group right now....

I accepted other offers to UK universities weeks ago, but they let me know it would be okay to accept so I could meet the deadline and withdraw if I needed to.

Hope this helps!

Oh wow! Yes, that helps!

I found out from my first choice that I got the scholarship, and then my second choice school moved me from the waitlist to the scholarship list. Which is very exciting, but made my nervous on how to answer. I only applied to two grad schools in total, so I need to make sure the scholarship is approved.

Below is an email I wrote to the people who answer our Erasmus questions -  EACEA-Erasmus-Mundus@ec.europa.eu (...I sent something similar to the two coordinators of the programs I got into. I just asked them what they usually advise students to do.):

"Hello,

I have a question regarding the (unofficial) scholarship offers I received from two different Erasmus Mundus programs. I need to confirm whether I intend to accept the offer once it is officially approved by the European Commission. As I know which one of the two offers is my preference, my question is regarding my response to my second choice program.

I would like to decline the offer of my second choice program, but I'm slightly nervous about declining one school, if I haven't received the official confirmation from the European Commission regarding my first choice program. 

I guess my overall point is what do you usually recommend to students offered more than one Erasmus Mundus scholarship? Do I accept both, in case of an issue when the European Commission is approving my nomination for a scholarship, or do I accept only one unofficial scholarship offer (as waiting for approval from the European Commission is a formality)? Do you know what past students have done?

Sorry for the long-winded question, but I want to make sure that I respond correctly, so I don't affect another student who may be on the wait-list for one of these programs. I'm told I need to respond by March 31st to the unofficial offer.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide! I'm very excited for this opportunity and want to make sure I don't hold on to two offers, when another student can benefit from this excellent scholarship.

Best wishes,

Alexandra Wagner"

Oh wow! Yes, that helps!

I found out from my first choice that I got the scholarship, and then my second choice school moved me from the waitlist to the scholarship list. Which is very exciting, but made my nervous on how to answer. I only applied to two grad schools in total, so I need to make sure the scholarship is approved.

Below is an email I wrote to the people who answer our Erasmus questions -  EACEA-Erasmus-Mundus@ec.europa.eu (...I sent something similar to the two coordinators of the programs I got into. I just asked them what they usually advise students to do.):

"Hello,

I have a question regarding the (unofficial) scholarship offers I received from two different Erasmus Mundus programs. I need to confirm whether I intend to accept the offer once it is officially approved by the European Commission. As I know which one of the two offers is my preference, my question is regarding my response to my second choice program.

I would like to decline the offer of my second choice program, but I'm slightly nervous about declining one school, if I haven't received the official confirmation from the European Commission regarding my first choice program. 

I guess my overall point is what do you usually recommend to students offered more than one Erasmus Mundus scholarship? Do I accept both, in case of an issue when the European Commission is approving my nomination for a scholarship, or do I accept only one unofficial scholarship offer (as waiting for approval from the European Commission is a formality)? Do you know what past students have done?

Sorry for the long-winded question, but I want to make sure that I respond correctly, so I don't affect another student who may be on the wait-list for one of these programs. I'm told I need to respond by March 31st to the unofficial offer.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide! I'm very excited for this opportunity and want to make sure I don't hold on to two offers, when another student can benefit from this excellent scholarship.

Best wishes,

Alexandra Wagner"

I hear you - I was nervous about accepting choice #2 in case that somehow affects my eligibility for accepting choice #1 should it come to that, so if you hear back about advice to students who've been offered more than one scholarship, kindly share those details!

I wish I knew more about the Commission's process for determining who gets the final say!! One of the program coordinators told me that the Commission might move people from their main list to the wait list so I wonder if it's because it's their first year. I'd be really interested to know what makes someone ineligible besides the 12 month-European residency rule...

Hola! I would like to know what would make us not eligible as well... My advisor told me that not correct procedures being followed might affect our outcome but who knows,,, :( Im so nervous and paranoid as well!

Keep me posted and good luck to everyone !!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

How are you? Did any of you enrolled already?

I ended up declining Mundus Mapp offer because it was imposible under a self-financing basis. However, I recently received and admission e-mail from CEU and they are offering me a generous scholarship (tuition waiver, housing and monthly stipend!) for the MA in Public Policy. So I guess I will be seeing some of you in Budapest after all. I think the Mundus MAPP and the Public Policy students actually take the same courses throughout the year. 

Good luck with your decisions!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got a confirmation email from another Erasmus Mundus program - IMRCEES (see below). But I haven't heard from MAPP yet. I heard from others that you usually get a confirmation email by the end of May. Anyone heard anything?

"Dear IMRCEES Erasmus Mundus scholars

This is a brief message to let you know that we have now received confirmation of your scholarship from the European Agency.  

I am currently preparing your paperwork and  will send you further information, along with  formal letters of award and a contract to sign during the course of next week, but I thought I should let you know informally now as I know you have been waiting anxiously to have further news.

Congratulations!  We are looking forward to welcoming you to Glasgow in September, and will be in touch again very soon.

Best wishes

Maggie"