Erasmus Mundus Masters in Public Policy (MAPP) - Central European University (CEU)

awrochon

Hi! I just got accepted to the Mundus MAPP Program under self financing student. However, the admissiosn email said that they are presenting me to the  EACEA scholarship and the results will be published in late May. Do you guys think there is a chance they give me sometype of financial aid? 

Edited by yosoypao

• 11 months later...

Hi @yosoypao and @awrochon well I am just curious how it went for you last year? I am at the exact same position and was looking for some hope !

I applied for Erasmus MER (Marine and Environmental Resources) and MSP ( Maritime and Spatial Planning), I am in the waiting list under Geographical windows for the first one waiting the EACEA decision till May and I didn't hear from the second one yet.

Hope you both are accepted and enrolling in your chosen programs by now.

Cheers!

On 14/03/2017 at 2:30 PM, Firlim said:

Hi @yosoypao and @awrochon well I am just curious how it went for you last year? I am at the exact same position and was looking for some hope !

I applied for Erasmus MER (Marine and Environmental Resources) and MSP ( Maritime and Spatial Planning), I am in the waiting list under Geographical windows for the first one waiting the EACEA decision till May and I didn't hear from the second one yet.

Cheers!

Hi there - I'm just finishing up the Erasmus Mundus MAPP program. They changed how they distribute the scholarships since I enrolled, but hopefully you hear soon!! Sorry, I'm not more help.

I definitely like the program and how it let me live in two different countries. I would say that the schooling system is about the same level as I experienced during my undergraduate in Canada.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 14/3/2017 at 2:30 PM, Firlim said:

Cheers!

Hi! I didn't got the scholarship at the end for Mundus MAPP BUT i got an Erasmus+ scholarship for GLOBED so keep your hopes up :) I'm finishing my first year of the master's now and looking forward to the second one! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2015 at 6:26 PM, awrochon said:

Oh wow! Yes, that helps!

I found out from my first choice that I got the scholarship, and then my second choice school moved me from the waitlist to the scholarship list. Which is very exciting, but made my nervous on how to answer. I only applied to two grad schools in total, so I need to make sure the scholarship is approved.

Below is an email I wrote to the people who answer our Erasmus questions -  EACEA-Erasmus-Mundus@ec.europa.eu (...I sent something similar to the two coordinators of the programs I got into. I just asked them what they usually advise students to do.):

"Hello,

I have a question regarding the (unofficial) scholarship offers I received from two different Erasmus Mundus programs. I need to confirm whether I intend to accept the offer once it is officially approved by the European Commission. As I know which one of the two offers is my preference, my question is regarding my response to my second choice program.

I would like to decline the offer of my second choice program, but I'm slightly nervous about declining one school, if I haven't received the official confirmation from the European Commission regarding my first choice program. 

I guess my overall point is what do you usually recommend to students offered more than one Erasmus Mundus scholarship? Do I accept both, in case of an issue when the European Commission is approving my nomination for a scholarship, or do I accept only one unofficial scholarship offer (as waiting for approval from the European Commission is a formality)? Do you know what past students have done?

Sorry for the long-winded question, but I want to make sure that I respond correctly, so I don't affect another student who may be on the wait-list for one of these programs. I'm told I need to respond by March 31st to the unofficial offer.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide! I'm very excited for this opportunity and want to make sure I don't hold on to two offers, when another student can benefit from this excellent scholarship.

Best wishes,

Alexandra Wagner"

Hi @awrochon I need some help! I got an acceptance from my second Erasmus choice and did accept because I was nervous not to, now I am afraid I will be discarded from my first choice as the results didn t came up yet! 

What should I do to prevent that from happening, do I need to email my first program choice my second or the eacea??
Thank you  

On 2017-5-3 at 7:34 PM, Firlim said:

Hi @awrochon I need some help! I got an acceptance from my second Erasmus choice and did accept because I was nervous not to, now I am afraid I will be discarded from my first choice as the results didn t came up yet! 

What should I do to prevent that from happening, do I need to email my first program choice my second or the eacea??
Thank you  

Hi! I'm no expert but I would suggest emailing both the EACEA and your first program choice to let them know what is happening (probably better to not let the second program choice know :P ).

You can simply tell them that you applied for two programs and while you accepted ....name of second choice program... you are more interested in  ...name of first choice program.... Tell them that you would like to know how the process works for acceptance, as you tentatively accepted the second choice one as you wait to hear from the first choice program. Ask them to advise you on what steps to take and ask for a timeline of when the first choice program will post the results. 

I think it will be fine, but I would send those emails for peace of mind! If they know your preferences, they can adjust (and it's flattering for your first choice program to know that you prefer them first!)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2017 at 5:35 PM, awrochon said:

Hi! I'm no expert but I would suggest emailing both the EACEA and your first program choice to let them know what is happening (probably better to not let the second program choice know :P ).

You can simply tell them that you applied for two programs and while you accepted ....name of second choice program... you are more interested in  ...name of first choice program.... Tell them that you would like to know how the process works for acceptance, as you tentatively accepted the second choice one as you wait to hear from the first choice program. Ask them to advise you on what steps to take and ask for a timeline of when the first choice program will post the results. 

I think it will be fine, but I would send those emails for peace of mind! If they know your preferences, they can adjust (and it's flattering for your first choice program to know that you prefer them first!)

Good luck!

Thank you @awrochon for your answer! It really helps!

I did email the EACEA they said that it's fine I don't have to worry and that I need to check directly with the programs to know more, emailed my first choice program they don't answer my email or those of friends! then did freak out a bit and emailed my second choice program, before reading your comment, and said that I duly accept their offer but may withdraw ... not wise, not wise at all but I thought that I need to do it for some reasons *** PS: to the next candidate do not do that !!*** despite being understanding I felt like they slightly weren't  happy to hear that! But I got my acceptance letter anyway today which was a big relief.

Thank you again @awrochon