Erasmus Mundus Masters in Public Policy (MAPP) - Central European University (CEU)

awrochon

Hi all,

Wanted to start a group for those of us who applied to this program. If you've heard from the program, or have comments, let us know here! 

Good luck to everyone!

Hi all! Did anyone hear about their admission/scholarship status?

I received notice  yesterday that I got the Erasmus Mundus scholarship. I'm doing the CEU-IBEI mobility track (Global Public Policy). This is my first choice school, but I'm also waiting to hear from the Erasmus Mundus IMRCEES programme.

Good luck everyone!

Hi, guys. I also got accepted but on a self-financing basis. I don't think I'll be able to attend without a scholarship. I guess I'll try to find other sources of funding. Same track here: CEU-IBEI.

Good luck!

Hi, guys. I also got accepted but on a self-financing basis. I don't think I'll be able to attend without a scholarship. I guess I'll try to find other sources of funding. Same track here: CEU-IBEI.

Good luck!

Congrats on getting in! If you don't know already, there is a facebook group where the coordinator posts information. She posted information already on different funding opportunities. See the 'pinned' post in the group. Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mundusmappgroup/?fref=ts 

What undergraduate school/country are you from? There's possibilities that your country has funding options to study overseas.

Congrats on getting in! If you don't know already, there is a facebook group where the coordinator posts information. She posted information already on different funding opportunities. See the 'pinned' post in the group. Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mundusmappgroup/?fref=ts 

What undergraduate school/country are you from? There's possibilities that your country has funding options to study overseas.

Thank you, awrochon! It's definitely good news, even without the scholarship! I am already on the Facebook group but I haven´t been checking it for a while so thanks for letting me know. 

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I went to the University of Buenos Aires for undergraduate studies. Hopefully, I'll see you in Budapest in a few months!

Thank you, awrochon! It's definitely good news, even without the scholarship! I am already on the Facebook group but I haven´t been checking it for a while so thanks for letting me know. 

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I went to the University of Buenos Aires for undergraduate studies. Hopefully, I'll see you in Budapest in a few months!

Cool! Check out that facebook group again, because I think there are going to be lots of opportunities to find funding! 

I also checked out the facebook page for CEU (https://www.facebook.com/ceuhungary?fref=ts) and it had a post about funding from the university directly: http://www.ceu.edu/node/22 

and yes! Hope to see you in Budapest!

Hi, 

My name is Caio, and I graduated in International Relations from the University of Brasilia, Brazil.

I'm in the same situation as Talina... accepted on a self-funding basis.

I am now checking for other funding sources (hoping for a waiver in the Tuition Fee as well) and checking whether I'd be able to pay for the studies and subsistence costs for up to two years...  :unsure:

I hope it works out fine... I really wanna go.

And I chose the same track as you two: CEU-IBEI

Cheers,

Caio

Hi, 

My name is Caio, and I graduated in International Relations from the University of Brasilia, Brazil.

I'm in the same situation as Talina... accepted on a self-funding basis.

I am now checking for other funding sources (hoping for a waiver in the Tuition Fee as well) and checking whether I'd be able to pay for the studies and subsistence costs for up to two years...  :unsure:

I hope it works out fine... I really wanna go.

And I chose the same track as you two: CEU-IBEI

Cheers,

Caio

Caio, Nice to meet you! Yes, I'm pretty sure there are going to be lots of other funding opportunities. Like I mentioned up above, CEU specifically has funding opportunities and since you're looking at the same track, I would look into that and see if you can get anything at least in your first year from them.

If I see any other types of scholarships, or funding I'll post them here! Best of luck!

By the way, I studied International Studies (Security and Conflict stream) at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada.

I'm sure we have a lot of International Relations/Studies and Political Science kids admitted to this program!

To everyone viewing or commenting on this thread (and if you are new to thegradcafe.com and want more information on how this works..), just a heads up...if you'd like to post your results anonymously, you can do that on this website! Go here and post what you hear from your programs. It helps other students get an idea of how many people are admitted and other info!

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/post.php

If you want to look through to see who's also posted their results, go here and search key words like: CEU, IBEI, ISS, York, Erasmus, Mundus, MAPP, Public Policy, etc.

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php

Good luck everyone!

Caio, Nice to meet you! Yes, I'm pretty sure there are going to be lots of other funding opportunities. Like I mentioned up above, CEU specifically has funding opportunities and since you're looking at the same track, I would look into that and see if you can get anything at least in your first year from them.

If I see any other types of scholarships, or funding I'll post them here! Best of luck!

By the way, I studied International Studies (Security and Conflict stream) at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada.

I'm sure we have a lot of International Relations/Studies and Political Science kids admitted to this program!

Thanks for your help.

The thing with funding from CEU itself is that the deadline was 1 February, so it's too late.

But I understand CEU is still to send everyone of us who got accepted an email, which might indicate whether we get a waiver for our tuition fees. Let's see how that goes...

Scholarship information that I've found for ISS:

Netherlands Fellowship Programme & Mena Scholarship Programme:  -- http://www.iss.nl/prospective_students/fellowships/nfp_msp/ 

-- http://www.nuffic.nl/en/programme-administration/nfp-netherlands-fellowship-programmes/nfp-netherlands-fellowship-programmes 

I'm going to research through all 4 schools and see what I can find for alternate scholarships. Again, I'll post what I find in this forum.

Thanks for your help.

The thing with funding from CEU itself is that the deadline was 1 February, so it's too late.

But I understand CEU is still to send everyone of us who got accepted an email, which might indicate whether we get a waiver for our tuition fees. Let's see how that goes...

Wow! Feb 1st seems so early. So many of the applications for other programs at CEU are open until April. 

Hi all,

I'm also accepted on self-funding basis. I still haven't decided but really want to join the program:)

Hi Nina,

Congrats on getting in! What stream did you apply for?

Hi Everyone!

I have also been admitted but by self-financing. I applied for ISS-YORK.

Now I am looking for others scholarships. I am from Argentina, and as far as I know my government does not have a scholarships' programme for this topic. 

Any advice will be great!

Thanks.

Gretel

Hi Everyone!

Now I am looking for others scholarships. I am from Argentina, and as far as I know my government does not have a scholarships' programme for this topic. 

Thanks.

Gretel

Gretel, congratulations! Nice to see I'm not the only one from Argentina (I'm from Buenos Aires). If i find out about funding from an Argentine institution I'll let you know!

Congrats to everyone on getting in!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks.

Gretel

Hi Gretel! Congrats! 

I posted a littler higher up about a few scholarships for ISS. I'll copy it below. Check it out to see if you're eligible! 

Netherlands Fellowship Programme & Mena Scholarship Programme:  -- http://www.iss.nl/pr...ships/nfp_msp/�

-- http://www.nuffic.nl...hip-programmes�

Hola hola!

I'm Laura, American but living in Yangon at the moment and studied at McGill University in Montreal. Was just accepted into the program for the ISS-IBEI track, but under "self-funding". Hope the waitlist works out for me! Still waiting to hear back from one other Masters program I've applied to, so we shall see how things work out. This is still pretty exciting though!

Hope to see you all soon, will keep everyone updated if I learn anything more about waitlists, funding, scholarships, etc.

Laura

Oo, one quick question, have you all received an email yet? Don't want to overwhelm the facebook page with yet more qsts about the email/online status.

Thanks!

Hi, Laura! No email yet. What about you?

Howdy,

Accepted under self funding, but my issue stems from examining my application recently and realizing I entered ISS-York as my preferred mobility track though I clearly wrote about the ISS-IBEI track in my personal statement (how I managed to miff this up is beyond me). Anyone know if they specifically were accepted to their preferred mobility track or is it just assumed?

Renee from Texas, studied Latin American Studies at Rice University in Houston.

Oo, one quick question, have you all received an email yet? Don't want to overwhelm the facebook page with yet more qsts about the email/online status.

Thanks!

Hi Laura! I haven't received an email yet! I'll post on the forum when I do!

Howdy,

Accepted under self funding, but my issue stems from examining my application recently and realizing I entered ISS-York as my preferred mobility track though I clearly wrote about the ISS-IBEI track in my personal statement (how I managed to miff this up is beyond me). Anyone know if they specifically were accepted to their preferred mobility track or is it just assumed?

Renee from Texas, studied Latin American Studies at Rice University in Houston.

Hi Renee,

I'm not sure if I'm accepted onto my specific study track (I assume though). Once I get an email from MAPP, I'll let you know if they confirm my study track. I'm sure if you email the coordinator you can get it figured out. They must understand, as you mentioned talking about the ISS-IBEI study track. 

(Ali from Canada, studied International Studies at Simon Fraser University --in Vancouver)