Trachtenberg MPP decision rendered

MJA87

Just wanted to let you all know that I heard back from Trachtenberg today. I got an email basically saying that I was accepted without funding.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who got offered funding. How much did they offer and how did they let you know?

Also got the acceptance email today. With regards to funding, it stated the following:

"Applications for funding are currently under review; we will notify you as soon as a decision has been made. In the next few days, the Columbian College will email you, asking you to log in to your application to view your official admission notification letter. The funding process can take some time, but please contact us if you have any questions." 

Also got the acceptance email today. With regards to funding, it stated the following:

"Applications for funding are currently under review; we will notify you as soon as a decision has been made. In the next few days, the Columbian College will email you, asking you to log in to your application to view your official admission notification letter. The funding process can take some time, but please contact us if you have any questions."

Yeah, that's different wording from my letter, so it looks like you're being considered for funding. Congratulations!

All these acceptances coming out today is making me nervous. I haven't heard anything. One of my letters was a little late so I'm hoping my decision is just delayed and this doesn't mean I got rejected. We'll see though.

I just received my MPA acceptance email with no funding. Will this affect anyone's decision regarding attending GWU?

"Recipients of financial awards from the Trachtenberg School have been notified. These awards are very competitive and funding is limited."

I just received my MPA acceptance email with no funding. Will this affect anyone's decision regarding attending GWU?

"Recipients of financial awards from the Trachtenberg School have been notified. These awards are very competitive and funding is limited."

It will definitely affect my decision in that I don't think I'd even consider GWU at full cost. I wonder how willing they are to negotiate funding if you've received other offers?

Received the GWU acceptance letter too, and unfortunately, without funding. Also have admissions from Georgetown (again, without funding - I have been in the state of mixed emotions for the past two weeks or so - acceptance letters, with no funding...). Am waiting for other decisions..  (definitely would want to avoid as much debt as possible!!)

Anyone accepted to both, and considering between the two (or more)?

1. Does anyone know how the two MPP programs fare against each other? Any thoughts? My current work is in Education policy delivery - and I'm intending to specialize in Social + Education policy.

2. I'm rather concerned that the Trachtenberg MPP 2013 class profile (http://tspppa.gwu.edu/mpa-and-mpp-admission-requirements) is only 5% international - vs. McCourt's 42% https://georgetown.app.box.com/s/ore4gt3i0esno8gcrvhs - I am an international student (or will be, actually!) and diversity of opinions, experiences etc among classmates is something I factor quite highly

Received a funding offer last week for $15k for the first year, and then finally got an acceptance email yesterday. Sorta backwards timing, but exciting nonetheless. Still waiting to hear back from Maryland before I make my decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Received a funding offer last week for $15k for the first year, and then finally got an acceptance email yesterday. Sorta backwards timing, but exciting nonetheless. Still waiting to hear back from Maryland before I make my decision.

I've been in communication with GWU and they offered me the same award which puts them back in the running.

Does anyone know if Trachtenberg typically offers the same award in the second year? That could be a pretty huge factor in my decision on them.