2015 SLP Admissions Thread

I just checked my MGH portal and found my decision, I was accepted- it said that I was selected for a scholarship and would receive an email about that in the next week or so.

How did your interview with USU go? Any stumping questions? 

Not bad. I think I struggled a little with why I applied to USU but I felt pretty good about the other questions. They sure wanted to know how I felt about supervisors and talking to them. They also mentioned the decision should be made by the 15th so I bet we'll know by next week sometime. How was yours? 

Not bad. I think I struggled a little with why I applied to USU but I felt pretty good about the other questions. They sure wanted to know how I felt about supervisors and talking to them. They also mentioned the decision should be made by the 15th so I bet we'll know by next week sometime. How was yours?

Exactly the same. I said that I love Utah, and surprisingly they seemed to enjoy that answer. They were super friendly, though.

same here hahaha. MGH gave me alot of problems anyway and its too expensive for me as well! hahah.

Could you elaborate on what problems MGH gave you? I am strongly considering going there now and am curious. Thank you.

I did my post-bac classes through NAU so I have interacted with some of the staff but I don't think a school would give preference to a student just for coming to tour. They get so many applications and most likely wouldn't match a name with a face unless you did an actual interview. Just my opinion. Flagstaff is a beautiful place, though, and I would recommend it for grad school. I live 45 minutes away so I would be commuting. I am getting so impatient to receive some results! :)

Hopefully we both get in!!!! I'm getting impatient too. Hopefully next week! I've heard a lot of good things about Flagstaff and I have family in St.George and Phoenix so it wouldn't be too far of a drive to see them. If you find out anything please send me a message and I'll do the same for you :) 

Just got an email from Vanderbilt to check my portal and there was an acceptance!  The letter says funding offers will be sent on 3/13. I'm amazed I got in, and it's such a great program, but unless I get a great funding offer I'll be going to UMD (I'm in-state).  Keep an eye out everyone and good luck!

After three long years of applying I was finally accepted to the University of New Mexico! Don't give up, I didn't and look where I am now and it feels beyond amazing knowing how hard I had to fight for this dream of becoming an SLP!! Yay!! Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear! Xo love my grad cafe slpeeps!

After three long years of applying I was finally accepted to the University of New Mexico! Don't give up, I didn't and look where I am now and it feels beyond amazing knowing how hard I had to fight for this dream of becoming an SLP!! Yay!! Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear! Xo love my grad cafe slpeeps!

I know it must not have been easy going through the process 3 times, but just remember the feeling you had when you got this acceptance!  :)  Proud of you!

Congratulations! What an awesome feeling that must be. Way to stick with it!

Congrats to everyone!! I'm so glad this waiting game is finally coming to a close.  

I have been accepted at OSU, University of Cincinnati, UMD and NYU.  I interviewed with Boston University and still waiting to hear from MGH.  

Personally, I'm going to have to wait for all my financial aid packages to make a decision. So hopefully those come in soon.   

Go buckeyes! I went to Ohio State for undergrad. Any idea of where you are going to accept?

Awesome! Congrats! Way to keep going. Going through this process twice was hard enough but that's so exciting for you to finally make it all worth it!

onedayslp,

I got this too! I was very confused, and then a little bit later I got an email with a decision letter saying I was accepted!!! Definitely made my day. No mention of funding though...on their website they said funding letters accompany decision letters so does this mean I didn't receive funding? Hmm. 

Hi! When did you hear from Northwestern?

Congrats on all of your acceptances!

:)

Hi! When did you hear from Northwestern?

Congrats on all of your acceptances!

:)

Linda_P,

I have not heard from Northwestern yet, this post was referring to CU Boulder. However, Northwestern sent out an email a few weeks ago saying they would send decisions out by March 18th. Thank you and good luck to you! 

Linda_P,

I have not heard from Northwestern yet, this post was referring to CU Boulder. However, Northwestern sent out an email a few weeks ago saying they would send decisions out by March 18th. Thank you and good luck to you! 

Oh! My mistake, thank you! :)

Just got accepted at Utah State, so excited!

Congrats!!! I'm excited for you! I haven't heard anything yet and watching all the waitlist/acceptances/rejections coming in are freaking me out...it's definitely one of my top choices!! 

Just got accepted at Utah State, so excited!

Awesome! Congrats! Do you think you're gonna go there? I got high tier wait listed so I'm not too disappointed. I'll probably take one of my offers.

I have seen that a handful of people have been accepted into Ohio State University's grad program, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I go to school out of state, do you think that has anything to do with it? 

Go buckeyes! I went to Ohio State for undergrad. Any idea of where you are going to accept?

I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to accept yet.  At all. I got into all of my programs but I haven't heard financial aid from most of my schools yet.  Plus I want to visit campuses which is what I'm doing for spring break. :rolleyes:

I have seen that a handful of people have been accepted into Ohio State University's grad program, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I go to school out of state, do you think that has anything to do with it? 

I have only talked to those who go here for undergrad that have heard back (all kinds of answers) so it might just be us that have heard so far.  I wish you the best of luck though! The program and the faculty are great. 

I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to accept yet.  At all. I got into all of my programs but I haven't heard financial aid from most of my schools yet.  Plus I want to visit campuses which is what I'm doing for spring break. :rolleyes:

I have only talked to those who go here for undergrad that have heard back (all kinds of answers) so it might just be us that have heard so far.  I wish you the best of luck though! The program and the faculty are great. 

Thanks! I saw some posts about OSU and i started freaking out since I haven't heard back! 

Awesome! Congrats! Do you think you're gonna go there? I got high tier wait listed so I'm not too disappointed. I'll probably take one of my offers.

It's definitely my top choice right now, I still need to sit down and do some serious pros/cons lists though.

It's definitely my top choice right now, I still need to sit down and do some serious pros/cons lists though.

Yes to the serious pros & cons lists. I got accepted to my alma mater yesterday, just as I'm about to go to an accepted students open house for my reach school. No complaints, but there are tough decisions ahead.