2015 SLP Admissions Thread

Anyone heard from SJSU?

If you haven't already heard from them, I suggest you contact them! They sent me an email a couple weeks ago saying they withdrew my application because of missing transcripts. After I contacted them, they later said that they found them and would send my app to the department. I tried contacting the department for about a week and failed. They finally emailed me on Saturday saying that I had been admitted and should have known at the end of March. Can you imagine if I had just allowed them to get away with telling me I was missing documents? I'm not sure if I'll attend, but it was definitely very unprofessional.

If you haven't already heard from them, I suggest you contact them! They sent me an email a couple weeks ago saying they withdrew my application because of missing transcripts. After I contacted them, they later said that they found them and would send my app to the department. I tried contacting the department for about a week and failed. They finally emailed me on Saturday saying that I had been admitted and should have known at the end of March. Can you imagine if I had just allowed them to get away with telling me I was missing documents? I'm not sure if I'll attend, but it was definitely very unprofessional.

Oh man, San Jose is the worst when it comes to admissions!! They too claimed to have never received my transcripts, told me to resend them, only to then send me an email stating that they found the original batch. Then it was like pulling teeth to get them to change my "incomplete file" status on their portal site. Goodness! 

Oh man, San Jose is the worst when it comes to admissions!! They too claimed to have never received my transcripts, told me to resend them, only to then send me an email stating that they found the original batch. Then it was like pulling teeth to get them to change my "incomplete file" status on their portal site. Goodness! 

It was really frustrating! It sucks that I found out after the 15th, and they're only giving me until the 20th (tomorrow) to decide. 

I was accepted from the waitlist at the University of Northern Iowa on April 16th!  I was very excited and humbled that I was able to be offered admission this time around.  To my surprise, I was offered a scholarship and an assistantship today! Even more overjoyed! Can't even believe it.

I was accepted from the waitlist at the University of Northern Iowa on April 16th!  I was very excited and humbled that I was able to be offered admission this time around.  To my surprise, I was offered a scholarship and an assistantship today! Even more overjoyed! Can't even believe it.

Congrats - you must be so excited!!!

Congrats - you must be so excited!!!

Thank you!! The best part was that I wasn't even expecting anything, I was just happy I got in. Made all the stress and anxiety worth it haha

Anyone else get into CSU Fullerton recently/today? I think it's so weird that I got a call and email saying I was accepted. However, I never interviewed and was never on a wait list (to my knowledge). Anyway, I'm declining this offer!

congrats @timberlake!!! so happy for you!  it really is the best feeling ever knowing you will be going somewhere in the fall!  btw have you heard back from University of Mississippi yet?  Still haven't heard anything and it's almost May....

congrats @timberlake!!! so happy for you!  it really is the best feeling ever knowing you will be going somewhere in the fall!  btw have you heard back from University of Mississippi yet?  Still haven't heard anything and it's almost May....

Thank you!!!!I havent heard anything from them either. Someone on the results page said they sent out some acceptances a few week ago, but no one posted. 

• 1 month later...

After 2 years, I can finally say I'M GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL!!!!!! I just got accepted last week (sending in my deposit today) after being rejected...!!! I KNOW!! 

Currently worrying about housing and paying for school, but I trust it will all work out :)

After 2 years, I can finally say I'M GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL!!!!!! I just got accepted last week (sending in my deposit today) after being rejected...!!! I KNOW!! 

Currently worrying about housing and paying for school, but I trust it will all work out :)

Big congrats to you - you must be so psyched!!! :)

Big congrats to you - you must be so psyched!!! :)

Thank you!! OMG YES SOOO PSYCHED!!! I even had the audacity to even question about whether I should attend or not (other things have been happening at work that will help me later on), but in the end, I knew this is what I want to do. I'm so excited!!

• 1 month later...

I love all of the good news rolling in! 

I have been accepted at UW-Eau Claire (distance) so far.

The rest...

Loma Linda: Interviewed 2 weeks ago & expect to hear back from them in a week or two.

ECU: Heard from them today - they will be sending out notifications in the next week or two (they don't do interviews). 

Chapman: They sent out their first round of interview invites & I did not receive one. They did say that they will be sending more invites over the next couple of weeks.

Redlands: Haven't heard a thing.

The next couple of weeks are going to be the death of me!!!

Hi, can you please share your stats? I am looking into only applying for UWEC's distance program. 

Edited by Ahsee