Oxford BSG 2015 Admissions

Phoenixx

Has anyone heard back from BSG? I received a mail from BSG stating my application is complete and is being assessed. I might be called for an interview btw march 5-13. 

Has anyone else received a similar email? It is confusing cause I don't know if this is an interview call or if they are merely confirming that my application is complete. I received a mail from oxford admissions office that the application was complete when I submitted the application more than a month ago. It seems a tad bit late to receive another mail confirming the same once again a month later. 

Got an invitation for an interview. Anyone else?

Hey, when did you get it and for what date? which country are you based in? maybe they are sending country wise. 

I applied last year and had an interview over Skype - it's a standard part of the admissions process. The questions were about background, motivation for applying to the program, and what future plans are using the MPP. Hope this helps.

@economixed_policy: Any idea if all successful applicants are interviewed by Oxford?

no, it's written in the MPP blog....some successful applicants don't have to do the interviewing process (it would be interesting to know the proportion...whether it's a tiny minority or whether it's, let's say, 50% of the successful applicants)

No where they state that. They just mention that only a few will be interviewed depending upon the requirements and the need if felt via Skype or phone.

Even I have not been interviewed and it's my top choice school.

Any one else who can confirm and comment on the issue.

The admissions blog states the policy very clearly in the comments section: 

Hi Fabio – thanks for getting in touch. Ever year, the admissions process is completely new and different, so it might be confusing to think about number of interviews in the past. But what we can safely say is that offers do not depend on interviews – so you could not be interviewed and still be offered a place at BSG. I hope this helps!